3800 Has ZZP screwed you over before?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
And this is why HALE dislikes ZZP.

I had a nice chat online today with a buddy from CLUBGP who was telling me about stuff he was gonna get done to his car...

the conversation from a week ago...

trythison4size01 (1:12:25 AM): im trailering my car to zzps shop in gran rapids on sunday to get the zzp trands and tc with 3000 stall, vs cam and modular pulley system with 3.2 pulley
l337CSer (1:12:42 AM): :(
l337CSer (1:12:45 AM): i wish i could do that
trythison4size01 (1:12:49 AM): haha
trythison4size01 (1:12:54 AM): my trannys about to go BOOM
l337CSer (1:13:12 AM): oh ya i got a full built racing tranny
trythison4size01 (1:13:22 AM): with 350 lbs of stereo shit and bald tires i rap 13.801

I just talked with JET tonight in person for about an hour about ZZP screwing him..

this is the conversation i had with my clubgp buddy about what just happend to him..

trythison4size01 (11:59:11 PM): u wanna here some shitty business
trythison4size01 (12:00:58 AM): i picked my car up from ZZP today, got like an hour from my house the the fuckin engine blew up
l337CSer (12:01:09 AM): haha typical ZZP
trythison4size01 (12:01:20 AM): why you say that?
l337CSer (12:01:29 AM): everyone has problems with zzp
trythison4size01 (12:01:48 AM): really
trythison4size01 (12:01:51 AM): i didnt know this
l337CSer (12:02:00 AM): heh
l337CSer (12:02:05 AM): i gues only ppl in my club..
l337CSer (12:02:23 AM): every person that got a tranny done at ZZP... under 200 miles later ended up fuckin up their car
l337CSer (12:02:34 AM): and what do you mean "blew up"
trythison4size01 (12:03:14 AM): well the funny thing is, last night i attempted to bring it hope and the tranny leaked fluid after like 50 miles and we had to trailer it back to zzps shop and then we went back today and it blows up
trythison4size01 (12:03:49 AM): i meen im cruisin at like 80 and all of a sudden BOOOOOM and everything dies i pull over and everythings smokin and theres oil everywhere
l337CSer (12:04:03 AM): damn..
l337CSer (12:04:03 AM): what now
trythison4size01 (12:04:22 AM): hes buildin me a new engine for free
l337CSer (12:04:32 AM): omfg
trythison4size01 (12:04:39 AM): so hes takin care of me pretty well cuz he knows he fucked up
trythison4size01 (12:04:53 AM): i pulled the dip stick and tehre was antifreeze covering it
l337CSer (12:05:07 AM): replacing any performance mods you have done to it?
l337CSer (12:05:16 AM): or did anything get damaged.... ?
trythison4size01 (12:05:20 AM): not sure
l337CSer (12:05:23 AM): oh ko
trythison4size01 (12:05:25 AM): couldnt see
trythison4size01 (12:06:10 AM): inside my radiator was like mud...
l337CSer (12:06:34 AM): damn..
l337CSer (12:06:39 AM): well.. i guess you cant be mad..
l337CSer (12:06:46 AM): people i know have been MUCH worse off..
trythison4size01 (12:06:56 AM): how so?
l337CSer (12:06:57 AM): umm
l337CSer (12:07:00 AM): zoomer says.. fuck you
l337CSer (12:07:02 AM): and doesnt pay them shit
trythison4size01 (12:07:06 AM): no shit
l337CSer (12:07:09 AM): yup..
l337CSer (12:07:12 AM): to some good people too.
trythison4size01 (12:07:12 AM): damn
trythison4size01 (12:08:07 AM): like i could see him not fixin it if i was out racin or somethin but i was jus tryin to get the damn thing home
l337CSer (12:08:48 AM): same with people i know
trythison4size01 (12:08:57 AM): damn
trythison4size01 (12:09:05 AM): i hope at the last minute he doesnt fuck me over
l337CSer (12:09:14 AM): me too..

Sigh... i feel bad for Royal and JET.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Past life. In my case, it's a live and learn lesson. No need to rehash.

I believe Zoomer did all he could for me from a business stand point in building the #3 trans of my car. The man has to make a living and cannot give everyone a free trans or engine. With all the trans and engines that ZZP builds, they have no way of knowing 100% if a failure is caused by abuse or install. Hence, they treat problem cases in a logical business like manner. Which makes sense, because that's exactly what ZZP is - a business, just like any other.

In my case, ZZP could have easily stepped above and beyond their normal customer service level by looking closer at the situation. Their was certainly a lot of miscommunication between myself, Zoomer, Tim, and the trans shop. Too many people - and unforseen circumstances. Zoomer was in California / trans shop was not informed I was coming / Tim tells Zoomer the whole diff exploded - which it did not - but that's the impression he got from talking to the shop / no one was at the ZZP base to run my parts to the tranny shop, so I had to deliver my parts... ANYWAY, point being that it my situation was greatly confusing - and Zoomer should have really, really looked closer at it.

To recap: Zoomer did all he could for me using standard business practices. He might even feel he went above par. I don't share that view - because my a$$ still hurts. And if you've ever seen Zoomer - he's a big guy.

Cliff Note version: You play, you pay. Live and learn.

Oh, on the bright side - trans #3 is working great. The car certainly feels 'right' when shifting compared to the other two rebuilds.

Syp, this guy's name woudnt be R.S., would it? I know him.

J.E.T.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
man...

what is it with you and saving and logging im conversations?

u need something better to do syp than go back throough old IM convos and find stuff to post...JMO though.

note to self...never talk to you on the internet via a messenger.

and the guys getting his car fixed...kinda gotta agree whats teh point...a mistake was made and so far it looks like its getting fixed.

You should make a post like this after the rebuild if he doesnt' fix something...not before its even done...

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
Originally posted by dole21@Aug 4 2005, 07:17 AM
man...

u need something better to do syp than go back throough old IM convos and find stuff to post...JMO though.

and the guys getting his car fixed...kinda gotta agree whats teh point...a mistake was made and so far it looks like its getting fixed.

You should make a post like this after the rebuild if he doesnt' fix something...not before its even done...
[snapback]94129[/snapback]​

AMEN TO THAT!!!

Why you gotta be starting drama..the guy is trying to correct the problem, and we are trying to fix our club so theres not drama/conflict and problems... so stop trying to bring it on the board. We are all tired of hearing/seeing/and reading about DRAMA... if it don't concern you who cares

serotta

Jun 21, 2008
Originally posted by staceyyearsich+Aug 4 2005, 07:22 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dole21
@Aug 4 2005, 07:17 AM
man...

[snapback]94129[/snapback]​

AMEN TO THAT!!!

Why you gotta be starting drama..the guy is trying to correct the problem, and we are trying to fix our club so theres not drama/conflict and problems... so stop trying to bring it on the board. We are all tired of hearing/seeing/and reading about DRAMA... if it don't concern you who cares
[snapback]94130[/snapback]​
[/b]

I read a lot more than I post here, and this is one of the reasons. Syp, you start off your thread saying "And this is why HALE dislikes ZZP", and then the only thing in your thread is you voicing your opinion that ZZP screws people. ZZP did some major work on a car, for whatever reason the car "blows up", ZZP fixes car for free. Where is the problem here?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Pointless post IMO. It looks like Zooomer is taking care of the customer. Who knows why his engine blew either? Certified did a trans, the engine took a poop, and now Zooomer is replacing it? It sounds like he's going way above and beyond the call.

The only person I see pushing ZZP's "horrible" reputation is you. I don't know of many members of this club that have been "screwed" by ZZP. I do know of some that have had issues but they're generally taken care of... Let me repeat EVERY vendor has issues. No one is perfect. It's the ones that claim perfection that you need to avoid like the plague.

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
Actually Joe the hand book clearly states that any positive statements regarding the Packers of Green Bay Is terms for IMMEDIATE banning ! :beating: or beating .....

Anyways we have to wait until Dec. 4th to get a stab at those Packer Backers ...Anyone been down here to Bourbonnais to catch any of camp ? I live literally 3 mins away and have not been to one practice yet , Alex Brown was a guest bartender at a local watering hole that I frequent, and I'll tell you he is a big dude , but no-where as big as you wolud imagine.

mcshocks

Regular
Jun 12, 2008
MN
Originally posted by tonys99gtp+Aug 4 2005, 07:56 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-PaceCarBoozer
@Aug 4 2005, 08:43 AM
soooooo, how bout them Bears........................... ;)
[snapback]94132[/snapback]​

Forget the Bears...... Go Greenbay.... :D :eek:
[snapback]94134[/snapback]​
[/b]

Bah.... Go Vikings :ph34r:

On a side note, about the only company I have dealt with and not had issues with is Caspers. All of the vendors have screwed up at some point and time, some worse than others.

zooomer

Sep 30, 2008
Here's the skinny with JET.

ZZP builds him a trans with intense dif. Dif goes and takes out trans (bronze shavings) Scott Cook says that's never happened before. Jet blieves him and posts on ILGPC that we are trying to screw him and the dif is actually fine. We tell him, sorry we can't warranty the trans when an intense dif took it out. Then all of ILGPC hates ZZP. All because of bogus intense parts.
Here's an interesting related read: http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=24...tmode=1&smode=1
In the end the main person screwed was me by Jet and intense. ZZP did nothing wrong and could not have stopped this from happening.

On the car here. ZZP did some work including a trans. Axle didn't get pushed all the way into the tranny and it started leaking fluid like crazy. Customer gets stuck 1/2 way home to IL. On my personal cell phone I get called about the problem around 11:45PM. I leave at midnight with our enclosed trailer to go pick the car up. Customer gives me wrong highway so it takes until 2am to find him. I find them at 2am, load the car up and bring it back to GR. While here we swap out the PCM, fix the axle and his trans temp sending unit, wash the car and have it ready for pickup the following evening.

On the way home the engine gernades. I haven't seen the car, I don't know what happened or why. Car left here tuned with no KR. VS cam, headers 3.2" pulley. I tell the customer to get it back here and we'll look at it and make sure he gets taken care of. Without knowing what happened I can't say what will happen. Cars blow up. It happens. If it's our fault, we'll fix it no charge. If not the customer will get a deal on a new engine. Just for the record. The engine in the car is not it's first. It is a junk yard motor wtih paint pen writing on it. The heads were filled with coolant sludge and the underside of the rad cap was covered in it as well. I pointed this out to the customer while they were there and showed them. Took about 6 cans of cleaner to get the goop off the engine.
When I got the call last night the customer told me that you could see all the green coolant in the engine. Strange as the coolant is orange. Could have been a customer oversite but my point is that until we get the engine and tear it down, I won't know what happened or how we are going to cover it.

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
Originally posted by syP+Aug 4 2005, 12:20 AM-->
After seeing the dissapointment in JETs face tonight.. and then seeing this.... it just makes me mad, and i thought you should know.  Well.. not you Mike since you never have anything posative to say.
[snapback]94120[/snapback]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-syP
@Aug 4 2005, 12:10 PM
aight my bad.. sorry for the pointless post then..

DOLE... you know better than that.. you know the program DEADAIM which automaticallly logs ALL conversations... stop being incompetant.
[snapback]94161[/snapback]​

Ummm,
Last I checked

Posative is Positive
and
Incompetant is Incompetent
and
Automaticallly is Automatically

:ph34r: :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info