3800 WTB: I need a supercharger snout

I

imported_Ron Vogel

There are 2 bearings in it. The easy one to remove is fortunately the one that usually goes bad. I had one so bad it sounded like a bad power steering pump, or a really sick weed wacker.

If it's bad it'll sound like either one. If it's the coupler, it'll sound like a rock tumbler. I beat on my car for the first year, and when I went to change the SC oil, there was practically none in there. Low oil level will affect the bearing that is closest to the pulley. I can repair them w/o an arbor press, but I actually have one. My press will not unfortunately remove the rear bearing.

You can buy the bearings through online dealers such as ZZP, but I called Motion Industries, and they carry them and the seal. There was a thread on this not too far back when I rebuilt my snout. I'll try to find it.

Here you go:
http://www.ilgpc.com/forum2/index.php?show...c=8353&hl=snout

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Stacey-

I would not buy a new one or used, I would just have it taken off and have a club memeber rebuild it for you. It is extremely costly to buy and would be relatively inexpensive to rebuild. You could ask Ron Vogel on this, I know he has done his and is pretty experienced with diagnosing what is wrong with them as well.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by staceyyearsich@Aug 3 2005, 03:13 PM
the viton is an O-ring ain't it?  We stock those here at my work and motion is a supplier to lol

Ron how much do you charge?
[snapback]94080[/snapback]​
If Motion's a supplier I'll look at the PN's for you. IDK, if it was off the car $20?. I could do the whole thing for $30 if you get the parts like the SC oil, coupler (reccomended), and front bearing. The only prob is the SC pulley has to come off. I have to see if someone can lend me the tool.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

how do you change the oil? Does it have to be syphend (sp??) out, I always check mine and it was a little low once. I have a noise coming from my motor, but I just can't figure out if it is coming from the tensioner or supercharger. Even using the 'ol screwdriver to the ear trick, noise comes from both of them. Cash is kinda tight right now, so Ron, maybe you could give it a listen at mod day if you are there and let me know what you think. TIA
CJ

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by 2000gtp@Aug 3 2005, 11:30 PM
yes you suck the old fluid out of thw plug on the snout.. about 7 oz. buy the new oil and fill to the bottom of the threads.... recommended service 30k or sooner..
[snapback]94115[/snapback]​
just one more question, cause I'm sure it has been longer than 30,000. What kinda of oil? Same as the motor or is there a SC specific oil?

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I use a dial liquid soap nozzle. In fact, i keep in my tool box so I dont search for it.

I change my SC oil around 15k.

Yes, undo the little black srew, stick the dial pump in and fill a small glass or bottle for the fluid.

Then squirt in two bottles, or, up to the bttm thread.

Just put the cap on tight........no tq specs here.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info