3800 Does this sound right?

Add97gTp

Regular
Aug 30, 2008
Addison
I took my car in to get looked at w/ all the problems it has been having...and it came out as i need a new fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, battery, and new hubs up front...that plus my system needed to be flushed, twice...all of this came out to be $2300...if i didnt go with the hubs being fixed it would be $1300 and problem would be solved...is it just me or does this sound like way to much?

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Originally posted by Add97gTp@Jul 30 2005, 01:28 PM
I took my car in to get looked at w/ all the problems it has been having...and it came out as i need a new fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, battery, and new hubs up front...that plus my system needed to be flushed, twice...all of this came out to be $2300...if i didnt go with the hubs being fixed it would be $1300 and problem would be solved...is it just me or does this sound like way to much?
[snapback]93681[/snapback]​

Have a club member do it? It will be a hell of alot cheaper, A battery will cost you 70 and you can do that yourself, fuel pressure regulator, I have a stock one I will give it to you for 20 bucks, fuel pump I can get you for 220 (brand new lifetime warranty) and hubs I can get for around 130 a piece if you find someone that will touch the f\p everything else can be done by yourself relatively easy. Let me know what you want to do but don't spend no 2300 dollars on just that.

Add97gTp

Regular
Aug 30, 2008
Addison
Originally posted by Add97gTp@Jul 30 2005, 02:30 PM
I am getting it quoted at a different place right now and im sure it will be about the same so i might just take you up on the offer for it...ill be getting back to you to let you know
[snapback]93688[/snapback]​
So the other place gets back to me and says that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, so i get it back and take it to work...after work while driving home, dies...stop, start it up and drive for a block and dies...dead for about 30 mins, power comin back every now and then, but dies even when im reving it...so i bring it back and he still finds nothing wrong with it...he calls me back today saying that he thinks it might be the ECU(its stock) or a fuel pump resistor? could it just be the ECU??

Add97gTp

Regular
Aug 30, 2008
Addison
Originally posted by Add97gTp+Aug 1 2005, 06:26 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Add97gTp
@Jul 30 2005, 02:30 PM
I am getting it quoted at a different place right now and im sure it will be about the same so i might just take you up on the offer for it...ill be getting back to you to let you know
[snapback]93688[/snapback]​
So the other place gets back to me and says that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, so i get it back and take it to work...after work while driving home, dies...stop, start it up and drive for a block and dies...dead for about 30 mins, power comin back every now and then, but dies even when im reving it...so i bring it back and he still finds nothing wrong with it...he calls me back today saying that he thinks it might be the ECU(its stock) or a fuel pump resistor? could it just be the ECU??
[snapback]93810[/snapback]​
[/b]
It's either resistor or relay...forgot which one he said...

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
haha sucks don't it. Same thing happened to me a mile from home. Called a few buddies and they helped me push it back. You dont realize how heavy a car is until you aint pushing it with your right foot anymore. look around the forum for a thread called hotwire fuel resistor relay. follow those instructions. that will take care of the relay. If things work, it was the relay, get another. If not its the resistor. good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info