3800 Your opinion is needed!

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
Nitto NT 450 Extreme

Is this a good dragging tire for stock rims?? Keep in mind I will be purchasing the 235/55/16.....all 4 tires mounted and balanced is $490 out the door! My car will not be drivin in winter but it is drivin the rest of the year.... I need a great performing tire for grip at the track...... and at the street in case some1 pulls up B) .....ANY opinion is aprreciated......ADAM.......

--LINK-- http://discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireProdu...r%2FPerformance

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
Those tires are decent.. I have a set of those.. brand new.. my second set.. after I got them installed.. I took those off.. in favor of 18" wider tires..

they aren't the best for grip.. frankly.. when you have as much torque as we do.. there isn't anything that will be great.. and they also make a GREAT winter tire.. in fact.. if I don't sell mine.. I will put them on for the winter ( I had them siped, which is something they do, and it does help)

I figure I can use those, since they have 100% tread... and they were awesome with my last set (in the winter).. If you are looking for street racing.. they aren't great.. nor are they good for the track.. they are just a decent tire for driving around, and laying an aggressive tread pattern.

HTH's

John

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I dont think im so sure about that siping thing. If it was so great, dont you think one tire manufacturer would have done it by now?

If there are all positeves to it, why not?

The tire companies spend millions on there tread design/research........I dont think they forgot to sipe them.

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
well.. having used both siped, and non-siped, I can tell you.. proof positive.. that it works.

And as far as a tire manufactuer doing it.. that's not correct thinking... it costs money, and machines to do.. a supercharger or turbo charger is a great thing.. why doesn't everyone do that? it costs money.. tires are expensive enough.. adding an additional cost, that many people either don't need, or don't want.. isn't going to help the bottom line profit.. and remember, siping is best for traction for ice and such.. and there are MANY towns in the USA and other countries that don't even get ice and snow, so why make 2 different types of tires for each and every line you carry.. it's all about the bottom line profit.. and that is ALL that matters in business.. oh.. and Royal.. quit trying to be a smart ass.

Article 1

Another One

One ill effect is when off-roading. something called chunking.. but we don't worry about that..

Google the term.. see what you think..

There are pro's and con's to it.. (I guess) but.. it worked great for me.. in the winter..

and about getting together.. we can after this weekend.. I am leaving to take the wife out for the weekend.. and should be back on Sunday...

John

John

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
John,

You need to understand something.......im not trying to be a smartass.........im voicing my true and honest opinion on the issue just as you are...........???????

I have siped 2 sets of my tires on the GTP and dont believe in it....I am speaking from experiance.............sure siping may cost more but can you nema even one manufacturer that has ever, ever even done it? ...........Sure companies do turbos but they do install them and people pay for them.....

Show me all the articles you want and ill counter it just like you........waste of 10 a tire......

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
How are you going to counter hardcore evidence with your opinion?? :lolsign: I never understood that.

Just because a manufacturer doesnt want to sip the tires they create, doesnt mean that it does not work. If we were all to have that kind of thinking, we would believe that intercoolers do not work since GTPs never came with them, and earlier GNs didnt either. Equal length and tubular headers are also a waste since most cars dont come with them either.

FWIW, I had some tires on my old camry that had 50% tread on them siped before winter, and it helped out till I could afford new tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info