3800 Let's play a game...

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
About a month and a half ago JET and I had my pulley, plugs, and t stat installed. Later that night my car starts and then dies 4 seconds later. The next day JET puts on a bypass for the fuel pump resistor and it drives good as new. Then a few days later my car starts and then dies again after a few seconds. I purchase a fuel pump resistor kit from a pontiac dealership and install it. It starts up just fine and runs without any problems until a few days ago when my car decides to crap out on my while I'm driving. Before when this happened my car was already parked. So I pull over and I remember I still have JET's bypass in my glovebox. I put that back on just for the hell of it and if it works I'm not out $100 for a towtruck. It starts up just fine and I drive to my mechanic. My mechanic calls me today and tells me he pluged the fuel pump resistor that's already installed on my car and it starts up and he lets it run for a total of an hr at 20 min intervals. He says he can't find anything to make the fuel pump itself worthy of condemning.

Sorry it's kinda long, but what do you think is wrong with my car? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• frankenstinesy
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list