3800 bleed bakes

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by mybluegtp@Jul 25 2005, 07:24 PM
Does anyone know how to do them?  That is one of the things i need to learn. And is there a "Thing" that can do it with out you going around the car and releasing the air through the caliper? 

Really want to get the old fluids out and put some new.

TIA
[snapback]93013[/snapback]​
They do make a pressurized bleeder that actually forces brake fluid through the lines, keeping you from having to pump up the brakes and have someone under the car to release the bleeders. Without that or someone to help you, you can gravity bleed them, but is not the best way and takes a long time sometimes, or they make a one man bleeder kit, but with that you still have to do one caliper at that time. It is gonna get messy getting the old fluid out cause I think the only way to do it is to take all the bleeders off, take the cap off the resevoir and pump the brakes dry. I've never emptied a whole brake system, and if you calipers are painted, I would pull the lines off of the calipers instead of taking out the bleeders, or you will be painting them again.
CJ

slow04ss

Regular
May 29, 2008
Rockford
vacuum bleeding is pretty quick. Any tool/auto store should have one for about 30 bucks. (mity vac)

Start at the the farthest form the master(right rear) and work your way closer.
Make sure you stop and check the fluid level. If you run it dry have fun bench bleeding. Using this you just slip the hose on, build vacuum, and open the bleeder screw. You will have to repeat a few times to get fresh fluid back there.

The pressure bleeders are the best, but VERY expensive for someone who doesn't work on brakes for a living.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
MyBlueGTP,

If you can wait until the September/October timeframe, I am going to purchase one of those pressure bleeder's from PFYC so I can start bleeding my brakes also. You would be welcome to stop by and use it also to get your brakes bled also if you do not do it by then...

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jul 27 2005, 01:01 AM
are these the bleeders from pfyc for like 65 bucks?

Alfredo, it took me and superchargedGP about an hour to do it.  It wasnt that hard at all but mikes hands were buring like a mad man.

BTW, the fluid is corrosive. :lol:
[snapback]93180[/snapback]​

Yeah Royal, that is the bleeder..

That's what I am planning on getting, haven't heard anything bad about 'em, and I would rather have something that makes it a one person operation if I ever feel like bleeding the brakes...

It's either that or the speedbleeders...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info