3800 say hello to the 13 second 94 Olds 442

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I know this isnt the thread fer this but i dont exactly see a members rides forum...LOL

Our best of 13.81 @ 98+ mph with real consistent 1.9s 60' times...
and it was 90+ degrees out with 60+% humidity...so we coulda gone faster..

Couple of Vids fer ya! thanks to slowmontecarlo on MyMonte.com

at the bottom under the UMM3 vids look for the ridealong with the 442 and the walkaround of the 442...

he used his digital camera on the ridealong-Ok sound...not like youd hear anything other than the two loud V6's! :lol:

I have a vid of a ridealong with a reg camera WITH good sound! just not hosted yet!

UMM3 vids 442!

I will post the scans of the slips (plenty consistent with the 1.9s 60' times)

our running total is ~ $10,200 including the purchace price (5K) and cost of full perf front trans rebuild/stall convertor, and the $3000 dual engine conversion (helps that the donor was free eh?)

OK now fer some PICS!!!

AT/AFTER UM3
SVI_0039.jpg

SVI_0040.jpg

SVI_0042.jpg

SVI_0047.jpg

More coming soon along with vid.... :twisted:
cant wait to see the pics everyone else took of her...
I was too busy to take pics with my crappy digicam but i will capture from the digital8 cam's that we brought with for bottom and top end of the track footage.... :D

James

GTP4ME

Regular
Apr 28, 2008
Originally posted by snoop@Jul 25 2005, 10:50 AM
so you have 2 motors and are only running 13.8's with a $10-11,000 bill. thats just plain dumb. original, but dumb.
[snapback]92932[/snapback]​

I would have to agree with snoop on this. :ph34r: I also think that those seat belts are a little overkill. :lolsign: That's kinda like if I put a parachute on the back of my car. :p To each his own I guess. :D

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by snoop@Jul 25 2005, 10:50 AM
so you have 2 motors and are only running 13.8's with a $10-11,000 bill. thats just plain dumb. original, but dumb.
[snapback]92932[/snapback]​

actually the whole car as it sits is a little over 10 grand in it...and that includes the 5000$ original purchace price as well s the 2000$ high performance trans rebuild with stall converter...
the cost of the rear engine conversion has set us back 3000$ total and that includes the 10 pt rollcage and harness's steel, Aeromotive fuel pump (it's gonna have to feed two Turbocharged V6's oneday so we went and got the big boy...)
and the donor vehicle/engine

so for 3 grand we went from 16.5 second times BRE (before rear engine) with the interior fully stripped, to 13.81 seconds with two essentially stock engines with full porting work and backcut valves...

now when we get another 3800 (from a 94 and later Regal-for emissions reasons) and Turbocharge the rear 3800 and then turbocharge the front 3800 we'll see what she can do with close to 800Hp AND 4 wheel drive...

I am working on a conversion to make a SI/SII hybrid 3800 with the SII top end on the tall deck SI block (buick), and yes it is doable...and for alot cheaper than "drop in an L67"

I have talked with Olympic/Bryce on the TT forums as he had some questions about our rear throttle cable setup, one day we hope to be able to race each other...probably next year sometime...which should be when we have completed the SI/SII hybrid and Turbocharged the rear 3800...

as for the 5 point safety harness' we have built the car to be NHRA/IHRA certifiable to 10 seconds...so say what you want but when it comes to safety overkill is better than dead...and his wife would kill me if he somehow killed himself driving it...

besides it's all worth it when you kill a 5.0 with a stock looking W-body...and get to see the look on the guys face... :D

Lowbuck Hotrodding and Redneck Engine-uity, the essence of a sleeper...

Regards, James

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info