3800 INTENSE/STS Rear-mounted Turbo Kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
just got an email back and thought I'd share it with you guys... looks cool! Please post all thoughts and feeback!

INTENSE recently became an official distributor for Squires Turbo Systems, commonly referred to as STS. This company pioneered the remote-mounted turbo and holds the patent for it. Just like INTENSE they are a true innovator and the quality of their kits is top-notch.

STS is working on their rear-mounted turbo kits. I am contacting you now because we are working with STS and are in the process of building these kits for 3800 FWD vehicles. Here is a link to a thread with all the information we have available so far:

New STS Turbo coming August 2005 *may need to scroll to the top once loaded.

I

imported_Diavolo

you really think so? They are a partner of ILGPC and you feel okay to just post that freely in here? really?

They don't run the board. They don't own the board. And I believe they don't even sponser/partner with the board anymore. It is cool intense is doing this but it looks like they are takign a lot of credit for another companies work.

what ever happened to their own kit they were supposed to release?

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by Mikes1998GTP+Jul 21 2005, 07:47 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CoolGTX
@Jul 21 2005, 07:31 PM
"INTENSE" THE COMPANY, SUX ASS!
[snapback]92591[/snapback]​

you really think so? They are a partner of ILGPC and you feel okay to just post that freely in here? really?
[snapback]92596[/snapback]​
[/b]
I feel REAL comfortable......tomo!

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by CoolGTX+Jul 21 2005, 07:58 PM-->
Originally posted by Mikes1998GTP@Jul 21 2005, 07:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-CoolGTX

[snapback]92598[/snapback]​
[/b]
:lolsign: :lolsign:

I

imported_Theautoguy

I'll offer Intense some advice, sincerely: After the "outing" of their previous business practices, I'd break into another automotive platform entirely. Start new with a different market, perhaps they could look into the Cobalt or Solstice. The GTO would compliment the new partnership with STS; perhaps they could even look into trucks.

Much of the W-body community seems to have been turned off after the beating they took from the LSD's and PCM's. I know the Big Cheese there has some academics and sales experience but I'm offering an opinion with an MBA and over ten years of sales experience backing me up.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by superchargedgp+Jul 21 2005, 08:05 PM-->
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Jul 21 2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Mikes1998GTP@Jul 21 2005, 07:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-CoolGTX

[snapback]92598[/snapback]​
:lolsign: :lolsign:
[snapback]92604[/snapback]​
[/b]

:mike: :mike:

Mike just left the track, and it looks like he may need some race tires.

He made three passes on street tires:

14.050 @ 102.93 (2.212 60') @ 9.0 psi
13.819 @ 104.16 (2.220 60') @ 10.5 psi
13.899 @ 105.41 (2.242 60') @ 12.4 psi

Looks like he has twelve-second power with slicks and an LSD.

HAHAHAHA ROFLMAO!!!!!

From 13.8 - 12.99999999999 with just slicks and LSD?? 2.2 isnt THAT bad of a 60 foot. Plus, if they want the car to cross the finish line, Id keep the stock dif in. :lolsign:

Keep trying Scott Crook. God himself could not save Intense, and I dont see you getting any more of IL's money unless you get the clueless ones.

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
the STS kits make awesome power, but i know two people running them and theyve had all kinds of instalation/quality issues.

their pumps are VERY noisy, oil seals are bad- forgot what other issues.
but on the plus side they do make enough power to pop most motors without breaking a sweat.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
The kit itself is fine, however, the only reason I would buy it is if it were cheaper than anything else on the market, which it is not. Scott has said that this will be more expensive than other kits that are on the market. If I had to estimate, I would say that this kit will be around $4,500. I would rather have an under hood turbo with custom tubular headers and air to air intercooler for that cost.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Jul 22 2005, 12:16 AM
The kit itself is fine, however, the only reason I would buy it is if it were cheaper than anything else on the market, which it is not. Scott has said that this will be more expensive than other kits that are on the market. If I had to estimate, I would say that this kit will be around $4,500. I would rather have an under hood turbo with custom tubular headers and air to air intercooler for that cost.
[snapback]92639[/snapback]​

4500?? Thats an I/Ced CT turbo kit that is PROVEN to take you to 11 with other minor mods.

But I guess Scott needs to make up the money that he spent being "Innovative". I didnt know being "Innovative" meant hiring another company to make the kit. :lolsign:

The only decent thing I like about the kit is that it gives owners the ability to purchase or keep our aftermarket headers.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Jul 21 2005, 07:31 PM

Fuck them and there 10 second turbo.............I dropped over 4.56k in this company on a trans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention another 1k-2k in other parts.................didnt stand behind me for shit............

that is the God damn truth w/countless other IL GPers behind me......... :angry: :angry: :angry:

pimpiumz34

Apr 28, 2008
Mike just left the track, and it looks like he may need some race tires.

He made three passes on street tires:

14.050 @ 102.93 (2.212 60') @ 9.0 psi
13.819 @ 104.16 (2.220 60') @ 10.5 psi
13.899 @ 105.41 (2.242 60') @ 12.4 psi

Looks like he has twelve-second power with slicks and an LSD.

It's obvious from these numbers that pound for pound this kit puts out less power than a engine bay mounted system. :lolsign:

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
So I felt pretty bad that a lot of guys felt cheated by Intense in some sort of way, so I decided to email Scott this morning and see what he thought of it all. I left peoples names out and only quoted from this thread...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 7:23 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: STS

Scott,

I posted a message in one of our car club forums about the new intense/sts turbo coming out and man was that a bad idea... i had no idea that intense was no longer a sponsor of our club and there are seriously some really pissed off people with just the mention of Intense... and here I've always thought good things bout you guys... but I'm getting shafted on the site by these people! Is there any possible truth to any of these comments? Couple guys have said...

"'I'll offer Intense some advice, sincerely: After the "outing" of their previous business practices, I'd break into another automotive platform entirely. Start new with a different market, perhaps they could look into the Cobalt or Solstice. The GTO would compliment the new partnership with STS; perhaps they could even look into trucks."

"Much of the W-body community seems to have been turned off after the beating they took from the LSD's and PCM's. I know the Big Cheese there has some academics and sales experience but I'm offering an opinion with an MBA and over ten years of sales experience backing me up."

"Keep trying Scott Crook. God himself could not save Intense, and I dont see you getting any more of IL's money unless you get the clueless ones..."

"4500?? Thats an I/Ced CT turbo kit that is PROVEN to take you to 11 with other minor mods. But I guess Scott needs to make up the money that he spent being"Innovative". I didnt know being "Innovative" meant hiring another company to make the kit".

THIS guy below was really pissed off...

"F*ck them and there 10 second turbo.............I dropped over 4.56k in this company on a trans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention another 1k-2k in other parts.................didnt stand behind me for sh*t............ that is the God damn truth w/countless other IL GPers behind me....".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Recieved later this morning)

Subj: RE: STS
Date: 7/22/2005 10:47:13 AM Central Standard Time
To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected], [email protected]
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Mike:

I’ll respond to each one specifically if you like. If that’s what you want, just forward these emails back to me along with the name of the person who posted each one, and I’ll respond with facts.

Scott A. Cook

INTENSE Enterprises, Inc.
www.INTENSE-Racing.com (online store)
www.3800Pro.com (technical forum)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not going to write him back with peoples names, but I suggest that those of you that feel you've been doomed or cheated by Intense in some way, email him back and tell him exactly what happened. It sounds like he's willing to listen to reason, maybe not... I think it's funny that 3800Pro.com is still listed in his signature though...

Originally posted by Mikes1998GTP@Jul 22 2005, 06:04 PM
I'm not going to write him back with peoples names, but I suggest that those of you that feel you've been doomed or cheated by Intense in some way, email him back and tell him exactly what happened.  It sounds like he's willing to listen to reason, maybe not... I think it's funny that 3800Pro.com is still listed in his signature though...

Are you really this damn stupid, you think scott and the rest of his crew or leghumpers dont read boards all the time making a list of people and what is being said daily. well congrats you have now achieved leghumper status, hope you dont get a STD. As far as 3800pro in his sig, where the hell are you from, he owns that site genius. :lolsign:

The Pretentious Evil Asshole Paul

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
you are really fuckin retarded. i just want to choke the shit out of you. I didnt know that a person can be that stupid. oh by the way you should have scott turbo this for you

geek-squad-car.jpg

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
Originally posted by superchargedgp@Jul 22 2005, 08:07 PM
you are really fuckin retarded.  i just want to choke the shit out of you.  I didnt know that a person can be that stupid.  oh by the way you should have scott turbo this for you

geek-squad-car.jpg

[snapback]92774[/snapback]​

i'll be at the mini-meet on Monday, would love to see you try there... dick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info