3800 Need a balancer

• Thread starter imported_PaceCarBoozer
  • Start date
I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

This may be a long shot, but I'm pretty sure I need a balancer. Sounds like a balancer, but could be my SC tensioner. Sound goes away when I take off the SC belt, but it could just be taking that load off of the balancer which might eliminate the sound. I have no access to a SC'd GP to check the tensioner with a quick swap, and I understand that the balancers have a tendency to start going about 100,000 miles. Cash is tight right now, so I don't want to buy new a part that I didn't need in the first place, so if anyone has one laying around that they will part with cheap, please let me know. Thanks
CJ

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
I think you're hearing the same noise I having. Noise sound from the Big Crank (Harmonic Balancer) but not sure yet. I'm Riding @ a 150,000. I've had the Supercharger belt off and it still rattles. I'm told you need a skill person to remove the Balancer maybe dropping the Cradle.

Good Luck

Lee

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by LeeGTP@Jul 19 2005, 03:39 PM
I think you're hearing the same noise I having.  Noise sound from the Big Crank (Harmonic Balancer) but not sure yet. I'm Riding @ a 150,000. I've had the Supercharger belt off and it still rattles.  I'm told you need a skill person to remove the Balancer maybe dropping the Cradle.

Good Luck

Lee
[snapback]92280[/snapback]​
no, you don't need to drop the sub frame, but you do need someone skilled to do it, and the right tools. It would probably be easier to drop the sub frame, but not necessary.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Jul 19 2005, 03:14 PM
Its probably the tensioner, replace that first, alot cheaper and easier, the odds that it is the balancer are extremely slim.
[snapback]92271[/snapback]​

Definetely easier, but I called up the zone and the tensioner is 95 while he balancer is 88. Can't understand that one, but oh well, thats why I wanted to find a cheap one that I could throw in there to be sure. Like I said, money is tight right now.
CJ

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer+Jul 19 2005, 08:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-superchargedgp
@Jul 19 2005, 02:45 PM
[email protected]
[snapback]92267[/snapback]​

is this an E-mail? and if it is, who am I looking for?
[snapback]92296[/snapback]​
[/b]

your looking for Ed Morad he sells tons of GP parts, i'm sure he can get what ever you need.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by mybluegtp+Jul 19 2005, 07:17 PM-->
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer@Jul 19 2005, 08:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-superchargedgp
@Jul 19 2005, 02:45 PM
[email protected]
[snapback]92267[/snapback]​

is this an E-mail? and if it is, who am I looking for?
[snapback]92296[/snapback]​

your looking for Ed Morad he sells tons of GP parts, i'm sure he can get what ever you need.
[snapback]92300[/snapback]​
[/b]
thanks man, I'll drop him a line.
CJ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info