3800 orland park(evergreen?) CLub GP

F

fastcash

arent you the guy from 3800 pro that said you are in NC and drive an acura? anyway, i am sure it was a gtp, tho i am not sure what the sticker said, it was red, and i am now 95% sure it said EGPCGP, and i just wanted him to know i was NOT hitting on him, he's not my type...j/k

UNCTYPE-S

Regular
Jun 18, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by fastcash420@Jul 16 2005, 04:04 PM
arent you the guy from 3800 pro that said you are in NC and drive an acura? anyway, i am sure it was a gtp, tho i am not sure what the sticker said, it was red, and i am now 95% sure it said EGPCGP, and i just wanted him to know i was NOT hitting on him, he's not my type...j/k
[snapback]91947[/snapback]​

haha, no. I drive an acura, but live here in the oaklawn area, and work out in downers grove.

F

fastcash

hey man, i was looking at used acuras, if i wanted one that starts out fast and has the potential to get faster do i buy the 2001 3.2 HO VTEC Type S/Navi CL or the 2002 type s TL .... anyways, i am just wondering because i am in the market for a cheap luxury speed demon?

UNCTYPE-S

Regular
Jun 18, 2008
Chicago
the CL-S and the TL-S have the same motor (3.2 260hp), so it pretty much comes down to 2dr or 4dr. I must worn you though, the 01 and 02 have had some tranny issues that have not been resolved. Because of the tranny issue, Acura was threatened of getting sued cause the problem wasnt getting fixed, so they extended all CL's and TL's to a 7y/100k warranty on the transmission.

IMO, look for an 03. Rumors claim that the trans issue was mostly fixed in that year, and plus, that year is the only year they came in 6spd.

I have an 03 and havent had any trans problems yet at 43k miles.

let me know if you need more help.

I

imported_JennY

Originally posted by UNCTYPE-S@Jul 16 2005, 04:01 PM
im on ogden all the time and have never seen it.  Like John said, those are the only people i know with some type of sticker from E.P. I dont know whatelse it may be.
[snapback]91945[/snapback]​
Wait, are you talking about the EP sticker? Every car has one from Evergreen Park on their cars. lol I'm confused.

UNCTYPE-S

Regular
Jun 18, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by JennY+Jul 17 2005, 05:53 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-UNCTYPE-S
@Jul 16 2005, 04:01 PM
im on ogden all the time and have never seen it.  Like John said, those are the only people i know with some type of sticker from E.P. I dont know whatelse it may be.
Wait, are you talking about the EP sticker? Every car has one from Evergreen Park on their cars. lol I'm confused.
[snapback]92052[/snapback]​
[/b]

no. the e.p stickers are optional that you see on peoples back bumpers. I wouldnt put that hideous crap on my car.

the stick he is talking about is a car club sticker.

UNCTYPE-S

Regular
Jun 18, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by fastcash420@Jul 17 2005, 05:35 PM
most informative car feedback to date. thanks

the issue now becomes the price, you get to talking about 03 and up, 18k+!!

if that is the issue, i should trade in my gtp and get the 06 RL i love that car
[snapback]92045[/snapback]​

well ya, the price is gonna be up there. they hold their value pretty nicely compared to the GP and my old GA i had. Thing is, I see 193827263 different Grand Prix's a day. How many of my car (CL) do you see a day? They discontinued my model in 03, and that's what i like, cause you dont see one everyday.

I

imported_JennY

Originally posted by UNCTYPE-S+Jul 17 2005, 06:46 PM-->
Originally posted by JennY@Jul 17 2005, 05:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-UNCTYPE-S
@Jul 16 2005, 04:01 PM

[snapback]92052[/snapback]​

no. the e.p stickers are optional that you see on peoples back bumpers. I wouldnt put that hideous crap on my car.

the stick he is talking about is a car club sticker.
[snapback]92061[/snapback]​
[/b]
Yeah I know. I wouldn't put those on my bumper either. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• F
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list