3800 GTP vs 3.0L supercharged Galant

So one night on the way home at 2 in the morning I saw a totally riced out Galant. So im thinking to myself all show no go.
I start reving my engine at a light and they're in the left turn lane. The driver turns out to be a girl and she wants to go.
Light turns green and she's racing me on the wrong side of the road. I took her by approx. 3-4 car lengths.

Wait there's more to the story. It turns out that this girl works with my brothers girlfriend.
So i met up with this girl and her Galant and she remembers the race and my car. She just had some speed shop put in a supercharger and its also methanol injected. She didnt have this in when we raced before. Now she talking all this shit of blowing my doors off!?? Must be nice to dump 3K into the engine and not even get your hands dirty.

What do you think would be the outcome of the race would be, havent raced her yet due to where we were at, at the time. My mods are down below, dam i hate racing people just makes me want to dump more money into it.

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
a "shop installed" blower with meth injection would cost a lot more than 3g's, since most likely its a custom setup.

any blower setup is going to cost more than 3g in parts alone.
she must be talkin out of her ass.

anyway im drunk, and my personal opinion is that she wants a rematch for another reason. dont bother racing... take her out and show her what its like when you both win.

as for the outcome of the race... if you only put 3-4 cars on her pre-blower, if she has a profesionally installed blower with meth injection your manhood wil definitely shrink after the race.

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
Originally posted by 2KREDGHOST@Jul 15 2005, 07:01 PM
I say she's woffin(bluffing) take her up on it. Make it interesting wager something and be creative. Let us know the outcome of the race hell if you lose its ok. After that you ask her for a phone number and take it from there. :lolsign:  :lolsign:

Leo
[snapback]91865[/snapback]​

i agree, get her digits.. and if not, send her over to me... haha!
:lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:
(matter of hours before stacey has an opinion on this one, lol!)

Well thanks for the relpies. The supercharger is not a roots one like we have, its driven by a pully and looks like a leaf blower.
Shes talkin all this shit about her blow off valve and she had no idea what the hell it did but make a really loud noise and thats the only reason she got it. The 3K was just what she told me, wheater its the truth or not i guess I'll have to find out.

Im telling you this thing sounded mean as hell, Im pretty sure it'll give me a run for my money. Im not a bettin guy but I'll will set a race up with her just for shits and giggles, only cause shes pissed I beat her before.

Trust me she's a cutie, either way I'll be talking to her soon. I'll let you guys know what happens, hopefully without any shrinkage. :blink:

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
[snapback]91865[/snapback]​
[/quote]

i agree, get her digits.. and if not, send her over to me... haha!
:lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:
(matter of hours before stacey has an opinion on this one, lol!)
[snapback]91890[/snapback]​
[/quote]

:iagree: He meant send over to us!!!

I'll race her and its a plus if she's a cutie. Hell if she loses and gets mad I'll tell her to get in my car and take her for a ride so she could see what a true supercharged car really does!!!

Leo

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
yeah.....so you did see this and hear it run, just haven't raced it? Because yeah, it shouldnt have a BOV. Supercharges do not need a BOV, CSC or roots. The supercharger does not spool up as a turbo does, a la the need for a turbo to have a BOV. The BOV on her supercharger is bull. Or the custom shop did something weird.

Add97gTp

Regular
Aug 30, 2008
Addison
Originally posted by GTPPWR@Jul 17 2005, 08:34 PM
this by any chance would be andy's carrado would it?  Silver?  did he drop off the face of the earth?  I havent seen him in 1 year.

if not.  there was this silver carrado up here in Rockford last year with a BOV on it.  sounded really good too.  I wonder what happened to him.
[snapback]92075[/snapback]​
Nope sorry it was a red one over here in addison and it sounded pretty sweet too

Add97gTp

Regular
Aug 30, 2008
Addison
Originally posted by LPSPEED2@Jul 18 2005, 02:53 PM
SAms car was the shit when it ran...  BOV was always open, so it just sounded like it had a cold all the time, made it lose boost though.  But he was running about 20-25 lbs of boost.
[snapback]92152[/snapback]​
Yeah it was the shit when it ran...inbetween all the motors/super chargers that he would blow w/ his 2.6" pulley?

K

Kelly

Hi, I myself have been looking at boosting the power of my Galant for a while now...

There is a SuperCharger kit for the 98+ Galants. The only company that I know off hand that does it includes blowoff valves and the methanol injection with their kits, as well as a ton of other things (Pretty much everything you need to run the supercharger minus the header).

The kits are capable of putting 500+ HP to the wheels, let alone the fly wheel.

From the price, either she got a stage 1 or 2 system, or one of the stage 3s that were at an introductory rate.

A Stage 1 on a 4 cyl Galant, and you're looking at 310+ HP

FYI

- kelly

[attachmentid=2458]
Originally posted by Fish@Dec 16 2005, 04:24 AM
Holy Post resurection batman!!
[snapback]107536[/snapback]​

X2

Wow i totally forgot about this post, i wonder how someone found it. Anyways, Im still dating this girl and we have yet to race. Trust me i antagonize her everyday about her rice mobile and how she'll never beat me. She does need to get her trans rebuild and fix the slipping on the supercharger. Maybe sometime in the spring, shes not driving it now for the winter but I will let you all know what happens, hopefully i can get it on video.

Oh and BTW Kelly, if your thinking of slapping on one of those superchargers, be prepared to have your trans take a dump on you, the stock transmission in a Galant is not made for that kind of power. My gf had her heads ported, headers, bored out cylinders, and everything you can think of, so keep that in mind before putting it on. Its not nessacary to do but im sure its helped her motor stay intact as long as it has. Let me know if you ever get one on Im sure she'd like to meet you, not to many modded Galants around here.

Heres a pic of it, holy riceness batman!! ;)

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Jul 17 2005, 11:25 AM
yeah.....so you did see this and hear it run, just haven't raced it?  Because yeah, it shouldnt have a BOV.  Supercharges do not need a BOV, CSC or roots.  The supercharger does not spool up as a turbo does, a la the need for a turbo to have a BOV.  The BOV on her supercharger is bull.  Or the custom shop did something weird.
[snapback]92013[/snapback]​

SC'c cars DO need a blowoff, but like FISH said it's called a boost bypass valve. Some centrifugal blower cars do run true blow off valves but only if they use a blow through (MAF after the SC) style setup. My mustang w/the Novi2K uses a draw through (MAF b4 the SC) and I use a stock blow off from a Vdub.

black00gt

Aug 21, 2008
Yea I know that car, the girl is in my class right now...all I know is pretty much what's been said, i know she's not running a lot of boost, and she said it needs to be tuned still (dies if idling for a while), umm...possibly somewhat stripped interior...dont know dfor sure tho. but the thing whistle's like all hell even at idle, but yea, again back to what was already said, she's sorta needing a trans rebuild and its put away for now. (wow its a small friggin world)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info