3800 Naperville Rib Fest

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
So who ended up going?

I was there yesterday (Saturday) with some buddies, however I don't think I will want to go back next year...

Talk about overcrowding, I don't remember it being this bad a couple of years ago when I went...

- It took us over 30 minutes just to buy a ticket to get in
- Another 20 minutes just to get an over 21 stamp on our hands

Then...

It took us 30 minutes just to get our first set of ribs, and I wanted to at least try out some other places but the lines were even longer for most areas..

As far as I saw, They had one freakn beer tent!! WTH is up with that?? I saw the line and just ended up drinking lemonade for the night, at least it took 5 minutes to get that. I was so thirsty after having some of those ribs...

So who did you think had the best ribs? I wasn't too impressed with last years champion. My clear cut winner was Fast Freddy's. They had some awesome ribs, and their sauce was really good!!

The entertainment was ok I guess for the night, they had Kenny Wayne Sheperd on one stage, and Blue Oyster Cult on the other. I must've heard "Needs more Cowbell" about 1000 times last night :lolsign:

Dreamcat78

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Rolling Meadows
we went early and got right in..went about 12:30 And the lines were long then but we just went to the shorter ones....we stayed all day and left around 5:30 it was pretty crowded then..but we went to 3 beer stations i never saw an actual beer tent just the places where you could eat...i dont remember names but there was a good one with texas in the name the aussie one was ok...oh well i havent been there before so i cant compare overall we had a good time and might go back next year!

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
I went yesterday evening on the 4th around 5:30pm it was free to get in at that time anyway I got a taste of the Aussie Ribs, did'nt care to much for the sauce, That Texas place had good Beef Brisket but sauce wasn't that great, Now Cowboys had some good Sh@! along with some Sweet Corn.

The Fireworks were kind of WEAK last night some were OOOH AHHHHH

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
I was there saturday.... stopped at a buddies house and parked there.... we didn't get done goin over tuning shit till about 1:30 though

walked there (~1 mile) ... ate at texas cowboys (rib sampler) (meh ... I've made better at home) and Aussome Aussie (wow that place OWNED! the hot BBQ wasn't real hot... but tasty... I got the shrimp and ribs meal.... got TONS of shrimp ... the coleslaw was DAMN tasty too!)

wasn't bad when I went.. we walked right up to empty entry booths... paid the 7 bux... walked right in.... lines weren't too bad...

I didn't bother w/the beer stamp.... it was getting hot , and I'm sure beer prices were ridiculous.... I don't like bending over to get beer heh

ended up leavin around 3:30

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info