3800 Reversing the Fuel Pump Hot Wire

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Anyone with the Caspers Fuel pump instructions can help me here. I just need to know either get a print off of the install instructions, or a quick explanation of how to put the stock wing back. I just forget what all was involved in wiring. Shouldnt take you more than 5 minutes, and you will save me lots of trouble. I have to figure this out soon, because i need my car for more than just short trips. Please help. Thank you.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Jul 2 2005, 07:21 PM
Anyone with the Caspers Fuel pump instructions can help me here.  I just need to know either get a print off of the install instructions, or a quick explanation of how to put the stock wing back.  I just forget what all was involved in wiring.  Shouldnt take you more than 5 minutes, and you will save me lots of trouble.  I have to figure this out soon, because i need my car for more than just short trips.  Please help.  Thank you.
[snapback]90186[/snapback]​

To my recollection:

There are 3 connections to the Caspers fuel pump relay mod.
- Underneath the car, unplug the fuel pump connection (attached to the relay) and replug the stock wiring.
- Remove passenger side headlight. Find fuel pump resistor harness and remove jumper plug. Replug harness to factory fuel pump resistor harness.
- Remove +12V connection of Caspers wiring from +12V relay box post.

Hope this helps.

J.E.T.

two things...

www.installationinstructions.com/102152.pdf

or give me a call... I PM'ed you my cell number.

After reading your other post, it appears as though you narrowed it down to the FPR so there would not be much need to reverse the wiring. Should something go wrong with the factory realy, or kit, etc, it would be an all-or-nothing situation. It would either supply power or it wouldn't. There is a TSB I believe for leaking FPR's on the '98's. The seal in the FPR will break and fuel will actually be fed back into the vacuum lines.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help ya with. I will be around all weekend so give me a call! B)

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Thanx for the help Justin. Those instructions should be all that I need. Looks like it will be a day or two before I can get to it though.

I have already put in a new FPR and am still only getting 44 psi at idle. Its suppose to be at 52psi, correct?

I swapped the factory relay and it didnt do anything to boost the fuel pressure. Checked the fuse, and its fine. Ive pretty much narrowed the fuel pressure deal down to the wiring or the pump.

Also, Have you gotten any of my emails? Just making sure they are getting through. Thanx.

I can't see how it can be the wiring... since it is relay driven, it will either work or not work. I can send you a replacement one if you would like to try and install a new one and see if that fixes the problem. Just let me know. You can call me any time at the number I PM'ed you.

If I have a email from you, you should have gotten a reply otherwise, I may have overlooked it. Send it again and I will reply right away.
B)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list