3800 Heat is killing me

I

imported_Ron Vogel

:pissed:

Last week, I lost my front right channel in my amp. So I used the rear channels up front to get stereo, and ran the backs with the front blown channel/good one bridged mono.

After 45 minutes of Rage against the machine cranked this morning, the left front channel dissapeared.

Am I doomed to ride through the summer with weak volume?

Damn heat, I might just pull out my subs/amp to lighten the car now.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Amp is kind of older. It's a reference model Soundstream. I think it's just served it's life out, and can't cope with the temps anymore. I'd have it fixed because it's an exellent amp and they don't make them as good now, but it might just be cheaper to retire it for something newer.

I'd like to get a JL 500/5, but they are pretty expensive. Any reccomendations on amps? I'm looking for SQ with 25-50W per channel, and a 200w sub channel that is 2ohm or lower stable. I like the idea of a 5-channel amp, my last 2 were 5 channels, and it worked out well.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
After 45 minutes of Rage against the machine cranked this morning, the left front channel dissapeared.

Ron!!

I didnt think anyone listened to Rage any more. Most people converted to Audio Slave, but I'm still down with Zach & Morello. I have all there foreign Cds. I just thought it was kinda neat

AAs for an AMP. I like the JL Audio Amps. Preferably the 1000 watt amps. Kinda pricey but IMO well worth it. I heard that amp with 2 JL Audio W7s. To put it lightly you needed ear plugs.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

RATM 1'st album is the best, the second 2 have their moments, but are for the most part good, and they did an EP of covers that's pretty good too. Audioslave is good to, just a little more poppy. I just got the 2nd one, and I think it's a little better than the first one...

Anyway, The system I have is mid-fi. It's decent, but I don't need too much power. The speakers are all high sensitivity/lower wattage. I think max I need for my 2-10" is 250W, and with the 25W for my mains right now is even enough, with only 150 to my subs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info