3800 need HELP

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
OKAY i wanted to work on my heads AND get a cam at the same time. For an everyday car wat would you guys recommend? I was thinking of getting a VS cam and getting some rockers. Should I do more than that while I have my engine apart??? wat else would u guys do while the heads are being worked on?? ANY posts are appreciated. THANKS.......ADAM

I WANT AND NEED MORE HORSES!

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
I never heard of that, im NOT saying ur wrong kid I just need more info from others. I want the shit in my car asap. SO if someone can help me out andd tell me what to buy for the internals of an everyday street car id really appreciate it... DO u guys think its safe to do the CAM, ROCKERS at the same time? Should I do more to the car while I have my engine apart to make more horses OR make it more safe? sorry if i sound like an A-hole but im not tryin to. ADAM S .

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The question is why would you want to do rockers and a cam? If you can get a cam that suits you with stock rockers do that. Rockers+cam don't equal more horsepower. They both affect lift and duration (the rockers affect effective duration). Get a cam and call it a day. :)

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
The question is why would you want to do rockers and a cam? If you can get a cam that suits you with stock rockers do that. Rockers+cam don't equal more horsepower. They both affect lift and duration (the rockers affect effective duration). Get a cam and call it a day. :)

What if you already have the VS cam and not satisfied with its power?

- Pull the cam and replace with a more aggresive cam?

Or

- Install 1.7 ratio rockers?

EH ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info