3800 How hard to live w/o a car?

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
I think I may sell my car and just bike it everywhere I need to go...and if I need to go far for something, borrow my girlfriends car if it's available.

I could save $200/month this way..which may help for college in the near future. My work is only 1/2 mile away, so I could walk or bike it there. Only problem I see is when I want to see my dad since I still mountain bike with him, he will have to pick me up. College starts in late august.

Should I do it? My demod to stock starts really soon...

Anyone wanna buy my car out the door? $6500 (firm) fully modded, 44k miles.

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
From where I live its hard to live without a car because I go to alot places. It also depends if you are discipline on saving the money. I usually say that I'm going to save money and whined up seeing something else that I want to buy. Its hard when society is created for us to spend money. How much more do you have left to pay off the Car? Would you ride your bike through winter months? or you can seel the car and get a cheaper one and pay cash for it. Good luck on whatever you do.

Lee

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Originally posted by LeeGTP@Jun 22 2005, 07:18 AM
How much more do you have left to pay off the Car?  Would you ride your bike through  winter months? or you can seel the car and get a cheaper one and pay cash for it.  Good luck on whatever you do.

Lee
[snapback]88838[/snapback]​

I owe $4200 on it. Insurance is $200/month, car payment is $200/month. My mom is helping me with my insurance right now because i lost my 2nd job and can't afford both with my current job. Through winter, I will be in a dorm...I could buy a cheap beater for like $2k though and only get liability if and when I come home. I might be able to get my mom to give me $100/month to compensate for her not having to pay for insurance anymore.

It might be worth it...but I'm not sure how i'll fare w/o a car anymore.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
When I was in college i worked my ass off during Summer, spring break, and christmas......

Im talking at least 50-70 hours a week.......

Id have a huge bank roll for the whole year.....never worked a day during the college semesters......

I did a lot of parying too.......

Get a cheap beater....

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
i did that for a year in college....... couldn't take it any longer than that though. Its not terrible though, especially if you have friends with cars to get by in college, etc. However, every now and then you'd need to grab something off hours or what not and you'd be stuck and that would piss me off.

But if you *HAD* to do it, it won't be the end of hte world.

charles

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info