Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
No not talking basketball................lol
It was my last Saturday at work here. So I guess I did ok.
First I sold a Accord
Then I sold a Miata
Then I sold a Pathfinder
Then I sold a BMW
Then I sold a Benz.
Best of all.......I was home by 7:30....Now you all know why I love my job so much............ :lol:
And by the way, I have 3 more people coming in monday.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Originally posted by xttc2000@Jun 21 2005, 09:47 PM
yea ive been sales there for 2 years.

gm doesnt say anything, i did my job- just had busted ass customers wasting my time all day.

its ok tho, i made up for it over the last two days- worked 5 hours sold 2 cars.
[snapback]88782[/snapback]​

As long as he follows the process and gets them into the credit part no one will ever say anything. As a salesperson thats your job. After that the manager finishes up. If the customer can't get approved or won't pick a payment its not sales fault. It goes more on the managers record.
And the LGM should say something to you....Like nice job following the process and don't give up!!!!

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
im probably one of those shoppers you guys hate.......

I have no intention of buying a car, nor the DP to purchase one, but damm do I love test driving cars :)

Usally they are TA or cameros.........of witch most have handling or trans problems...........or major body work needed......

So i guess I would have never even considered most of them in the first place. :)

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jun 22 2005, 01:17 AM
im probably one of those shoppers you guys hate.......

I have no intention of buying a car, nor the DP to purchase one, but damm do I love test driving cars :)

Usally they are TA or cameros.........of witch most have handling or trans problems...........or major body work needed......

So i guess I would have never even considered most of them in the first place. :)
[snapback]88814[/snapback]​

Not a problem because we don't have cars with any problems.
Only shoppers I hate are the ones that come in acting all tough because they think thats how you buy a car. Stop for a second to talk to me and you will find out I'm not full of bs and really just there to help the customer, not rip them off for everything I can. And usually the ones that think they know the most are the ones that got ripped off the most...lol

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Actually, I, with no intention of buying a new car, went test driving cars all day today because I was bored.

Drove the new '06 Eclipse, it looks a hell of a lot better in person and drives pretty nice.
Drove an '03 350Z from another dealership.

Went to carmax and had a cool guy who let me drive an '02 Mustang GT (hunk of shit! such a sloppy car and slow unless you have it to the floor after 3500rpm)

02 BMW 330 - holy shit it drives nice.

04 or 05 STI - I hit 100mph faster than anyone has tried in that car, he said. I scared him half to shit because I knew how to drive it right, lol. Did anyone know you can do an AWD burnout in those things? I dropped it at 5k with the center diff putting most the power to the rear and it spun for a good second. Nice car, I like it minus the 30k sticker price.

I trashed talked some guy in a wrx dealership. I had a $10k cashiers check on me and he didn't even let me test drive a car because he thought I was BSing him (it's my way of making sure salesmen take me seriously at 18). I told the manager and showed him my cashiers check and told him I'm going to the mitsu dealership "to buy an EVO right now because that old guy out there didn't take me seriously that I was wanting to buy a car," and that I was "very disappointed someone would treat the younger generation like this..who do you think Subaru markets these cars to?"

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I have been hunting for a cheap beater forever, and have started having a bit of fun doing so, alota the dealerships that have crappy beaters, have like 1 or 2 nicer cars. I went to drive a beater 93 Cougar, ended the day test driving a 95 pristine SHO, God I love those stupid cars... I'm gonna come back to test drive the Mach1 they had on the lot :ph34r: B)

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by iliveonnitro@Jun 22 2005, 01:49 AM
Actually, I, with no intention of buying a new car, went test driving cars all day today because I was bored.

Drove the new '06 Eclipse, it looks a hell of a lot better in person and drives pretty nice.
Drove an '03 350Z from another dealership.

Went to carmax and had a cool guy who let me drive an '02 Mustang GT (hunk of shit! such a sloppy car and slow unless you have it to the floor after 3500rpm)

02 BMW 330 - holy shit it drives nice.

04 or 05 STI - I hit 100mph faster than anyone has tried in that car, he said.  I scared him half to shit because I knew how to drive it right, lol.  Did anyone know you can do an AWD burnout in those things?  I dropped it at 5k with the center diff putting most the power to the rear and it spun for a good second.  Nice car, I like it minus the 30k sticker price.

I trashed talked some guy in a wrx dealership.  I had a $10k cashiers check on me and he didn't even let me test drive a car because he thought I was BSing him (it's my way of making sure salesmen take me seriously at 18).  I told the manager and showed him my cashiers check and told him I'm going to the mitsu dealership "to buy an EVO right now because that old guy out there didn't take me seriously that I was wanting to buy a car," and that I was "very disappointed someone would treat the younger generation like this..who do you think Subaru markets these cars to?"
[snapback]88819[/snapback]​

Did you ahve a 10000 dollar cashiers check?

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
Originally posted by iliveonnitro@Jun 22 2005, 01:49 AM

" that old guy out there didn't take me seriously that I was wanting to buy a car," and that I was "very disappointed someone would treat the younger generation like this"
[snapback]88819[/snapback]​

hmm... i think you answered yourself within your post.

and if you went with no intenton of buyin a car, why would you bring a 10,000 cashiers check?

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
It had void in the upper right hand corner and where the signiture should be, so when i showed it to them, my finger was covering it. Just a way to make it seem more realistic. I never really pull it out unless i was in a situation where the salesman was being a dick about letting a kid test drive a car.

Either way, it works every time...or at least enough to get his manager on his case at least. Anywho, I had fun. Carmax rocks since they really don't care how their cars are driven.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info