3800 Which Catback Should I Buy?

Jwood416

Apr 27, 2008
I don't want to put catback on right now because it's expensive and i want to get a job first and put the money in checking before i buy it and my dp. I have been debating over getting Dynomax's Super Turbos or SLP's Loudmouth Catback. I have heard the same setup for the super turbos i am going for; but i'm not sure what the SLP setup would sound like with just a downpipe and stock manifolds. I guess all I am asking for is your opinions on either of those two choices or any other suggestion would be much appreciated.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I like the sound of the LM better. Plus it is alot more durable. Someone posted pics on clubgp of their dynomax y pipe and it started rusting after about a year IIRC.

Id either get the LM or goto James Dean Muffler and get a catback there. From what I hear, its either $500 or $550 out the door with Magnaflow mufflers.

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
MODS are in my sig. GET the SLP after it breaks in about 800-1000 miles with a highflow cat. Random tech to be exact it sounds greatttttt. It always sounded great at idle and when reving BUTTT the full throttle sounded bad a little ricey to me but NOW it sounds greatttttt i love it even at full throttle really nicee american sound!! GETT SLP!

Jwood416

Apr 27, 2008
Well thanks for all of the opinions looks pretty evenly split so i don't think i can go very wrong with either. If the droning that Royal was talking about was the same for you gambino before it was broken in, then i might just go with the SLP LM. This is kind of a long term decision so if you said it sounds better with time, then that's the way i want to go. You guys are really helpful and cool, this has to be the closest to an actual community for a message board that i have ever been on or seen.

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
I have a full exhaust (headers, highflo cat, cat-back) and I got the LM and love it. But to be honest I was in your same shoes trying to decide, either go custom or just get the LM comes out to similar pricing depending what you go with. But i fyou are concerned about sound like I was go to a few club events and hear different ppl's exhausts before you buy, really the best way to decide. And the LM does have a lot of drone, but I liek the sound it has so I deal with it. Good luck deciding!

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
Kyle, where in naperville? Seems like theres more than a few modded GTP's in town. I think I've counted like 9 or something. Anyway, I wouldnt mine hearing the exhaust myself. By the way, the name's Bryce, i live on the border of naperville and lisle. Tryin to figure out my exhaust too. I went to exhaust works they seemed pretty cool, shotty welding tho. I think the exhaust is gonna have to wait however until i get the powertunr. And also, Jwood, nice to see you here dude, I'm the same GTPquickRB @gtpworld.

-Bryce
Spoiler Mod....yeah i kno what im doin B)

Jwood416

Apr 27, 2008
No shit man, hey GTPquick, all that time on GTP world and i didnt know that oyu lived so close to my aunt's place in naperville. She's right off ogden, about hell a mile or two from yackley i think. Anyway if i'm going up there i'll let you know it would be cool to finally meet up with another gtp owner. (i live in the middle of nowhere by spingfield, no gtps meet up around here i guess.)

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
Kyle, i think ive seen your car before heading down maple towards downtown, it was actually friday night at like 445. Otherwise, yeah id like to meet up and check it out. Cant tommorow w/ fathers day and work, but maybe this week if you're free sometime. Just dont laugh at the intake.......i'm mad i bought it, guess thats what you get with ebay

-Bryce

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
save your money on the cat back and put it where you will get more HP for now...

MY togs and prewelded RTDP will bolt right up to your stock exhaust.

Nice sleeper effect.

For 750 youd get what some are paying for a Borla Cat Back or Corsa...

Not much HP to be made in the cat back section of our cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info