3800 Whats Up Everyone

Jwood416

Apr 27, 2008
Hey everbody, this is my first time on this board but I have been on the GTP World board for a while now. Anyway I am trying to find some GTP owners in my area and I was referred to ILCGP. I'm 18 and just graduated from Riverton, I still live there so I'm just a few minutes out of Springfield. I'm getting ready to work this summer and start modding my GTP and maybe save a little money for college at IC in the fall. To my actual question though, I am wondering if anyone knows how to disable the twilight sentinel on an '03 GP.

Jwood416

Apr 27, 2008
Alright well thanks for that, anyway it's the system that turns the lights on automatically when it gets dark. There is a photocell but I can't find it to unplug it and I don't know if I have the right relay to wire in the switch to bypass it and I can't find a fuse labeled for it. So I'm kinda stuck with the lights on and that makes it hard to go to my girlfriend's when I'm not supposed to be there.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Since it was changed in 2001, Im not sure how to disable the auto headlights and DRLs. I do know however that if you turn your light switch inbetween the parking and headlight positions, the headlights will go off, but the corners and fogs will be on. You can also turn your fogs off as well.

Ohh yeah.
:welcome:

To disable the auto headlight, open up the small panel near the windshield in the center of the dash. I carefully use a small flat head screwdriver.

remove the sensor. It will be goldish looking. in its place, put a 470 ohm resistor. This will emulate daytime all the time. put the panel back.

To do the DRL's, open your driver side door, and then remove the small access panel on the dash. remove the wire connector going to the diode. The diode is easy to spot.. it has a large metal heatsink on it.

let me know if you need any help.
Steve

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info