3800 GMPP Struts

I tried to replicate the sound best i could, sorry. Anyways, I of course never slam my car into potholes, curbs etc. If i hit one accidentlly or even go up a curb less than 5 miles an hour I hear that noise in the left front only. Just wondered if anyone has had simialr problems. Is it a bad strut possibly, how do i know for sure. Dont get me wrong the car handles a million times better than stock and I really cant tell if the noise is affecting the ride quality. Thanks for the help

Originally posted by BigJermGTP@Jun 13 2005, 10:12 PM
I tried to replicate the sound best i could, sorry.  Anyways, I of course never slam my car into potholes, curbs etc. If i hit one accidentlly or even go up a curb less than 5 miles an hour I hear that noise in the left front only. Just wondered if anyone has had simialr problems. Is it a bad strut possibly, how do i know for sure. Dont get me wrong the car handles a million times better than stock and I really cant tell if the noise is affecting the ride quality. Thanks for the help
[snapback]87849[/snapback]​

Well, at low speeds over an object such as a speed bump, my '04 will make that noise from all 4 struts. I'm just assuming that it is normal since all 4 do it. :)

Originally posted by DaytonaPrixMI@Jun 13 2005, 11:15 PM
sometimes I get a weird sound on the rear drivers side. I think this probably is from a bad strut mount, I am sure someone with more knowledge than me will chime in anytime
[snapback]87861[/snapback]​

:angry: I really hope its not a bad strut mount because I bought these things brand spanking new. I dont know Im gonna have the guy at my shop who put them in, put the car on the lift and check it all out, he drove it and didnt hear a thing. I guess all I can do is check to see if everything is tightened correctlly and go from there.
The thing is i took it to an alignment shop after I put them in and if they ever see anything wrong with the suspension they usally tell you because they cant align it.. Whatever Ill let you guys know what happens, thanks for the input though, anyone else, feel free to chime in who has these struts.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by BigJermGTP+Jun 15 2005, 11:26 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DaytonaPrixMI
@Jun 13 2005, 11:15 PM
sometimes I get a weird sound on the rear drivers side. I think this probably is from a bad strut mount, I am sure someone with more knowledge than me will chime in anytime
[snapback]87861[/snapback]​

:angry: I really hope its not a bad strut mount because I bought these things brand spanking new. I dont know Im gonna have the guy at my shop who put them in, put the car on the lift and check it all out, he drove it and didnt hear a thing. I guess all I can do is check to see if everything is tightened correctlly and go from there.
The thing is i took it to an alignment shop after I put them in and if they ever see anything wrong with the suspension they usally tell you because they cant align it.. Whatever Ill let you guys know what happens, thanks for the input though, anyone else, feel free to chime in who has these struts.
[snapback]88016[/snapback]​
[/b]

Same here. Once and awhile I hear a noise at my rear driver side strut. It sounds more like the strut hitting the top of the strut tower. Might be a posibility due to them being new and if you have them set on firm. (like I do)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info