3800 Sharing a Powrtuner?

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
i'm ready to order one, but need a few Q's answered.

1, I've got a 2000/GTX with a 98 coded DHP, what year do I order?
2, will the tuner work on my car?
3, I was one of the first to bring the boost cut out situation to Charles, he told me the problem was HARD coded to the PCM, and he COULDNT change it, IS this still a problem?
4, will I be able to change this perameter^^^^^^^^^#3?
5, if the boost cutout is still a hard coded problem, do I order a 98 Programmer to match the code I am currently running?

I really wish chucky would just call me for a few minutes. :(

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
1, I've got a 2000/GTX with a 98 coded DHP, what year do I order?
Assuming it's just the 98' code, you'll order the tuner for a 2000.

2, will the tuner work on my car?
Certainly.

3, I was one of the first to bring the boost cut out situation to Charles, he told me the problem was HARD coded to the PCM, and he COULDNT change it, IS this still a problem?
That's a Charles' question. :) I beleive they have corrected this issue. It's an odd one as I've never come across it first hand. Is this something your car exhibits Johnny?

4, will I be able to change this perameter^^^^^^^^^#3?
If it's a function of torque management I would presume yes. I'll pose the question to the PT boards.

I tried my best. :) I'll just copy and paste your post over to the PT forums.

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
This was posted by Charles on ClubGP about this exact question and here is the thread

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=22...ode=&s=#2292688

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

This is *NOT* what the problem is....

The problem is is that back in 98, the BOOST CATALYST OVERTEMP was 800 Celcius. When the PCM saw the Catalyst temp over this value, it dumps all boost.

99+ This value changed to 500C.

Thats a pretty big difference eh ?

Now I bet you're wondering, how does the pcm know when the Cat reaches 800 or 500C ? There isn't a heat sensor in the cat ? Nope, no sensor.... The PCM has a LOOKUP table that equates runtime to catalyst temperature.

Certain "software" calls the catalyst over temp variable and this temperature table some type of boost timer which is so far from the truth its not funny. HOWEVER, since they let you modify the "timer" table (which actually modifies the catalyst temp lookup table) it "works for htem".

But the REAL answer is the problem is the boost catalyst over temp and not some imaginary timer .....

we posted about this on regal gs and offered to swap out affected units. Email us at [email protected] and we'll get you taken care of.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Originally posted by DaytonaPrixMI@Jun 9 2005, 06:46 PM
BOOST CATALYST OVERTEMP
[snapback]87467[/snapback]​

CoolGTX,

If that is the case, then *Yes*, you will be able to change this parameter yourself :)

Also, like Mike K stated, order the 2000 year model for your car. Charles will send you a DHP v1.5 file with the latest and greatest GM code for the 2000 model year that you can edit till your heart desires, and I am sure he will include all custom changes that you had with your old DHP...

Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info