3800 Looking for front subframe

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

I was going through a construction zone this morning on the way to work. There was a big dip, the car went down, up, then SLAM. It wasn't a pretty sound! When I got to work, climbed under the car. Nothing was bent, but there is a 6" long weld cracked open on the opposite side of the subframe to where the front part of the control arm connects. I may be able to weld it up and drive it for a while, but it's probably best that I replace it entirely.

Anybody got one laying around?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jun 8 2005, 07:38 AM
I was going through a construction zone this morning on the way to work. There was a big dip, the car went down, up, then SLAM. It wasn't a pretty sound! When I got to work, climbed under the car. Nothing was bent, but there is a 6" long weld cracked open on the opposite side of the subframe to where the front part of the control arm connects. I may be able to weld it up and drive it for a while, but it's probably best that I replace it entirely.

[snapback]87274[/snapback]​
ouch im sorry to hear that. replace ASAP do not weld on the sub frame. I just went to school for that. See if you can get a aluminum one out of a monte carlo or an impala.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by 2000gpgt+Jun 8 2005, 07:51 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Jun 8 2005, 07:38 AM

[snapback]87274[/snapback]​
ouch im sorry to hear that. replace ASAP do not weld on the sub frame. I just went to school for that. See if you can get a aluminum one out of a monte carlo or an impala.
[snapback]87278[/snapback]​
[/b]
I know I shouldn't, but where it is, it would be better if I did than I didn't, that steel may be thicker than my little welder can penetrate though. This just happened, so I only got a quick look at it before I had to run into work. I'll get the car up in the air tonight and check it out thoroughly. It drives fine, but feels a little different...but solid still.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list