3800 who mountain bikes here

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Trail riding (paved mostly). I used to be heavy into mountain biking but my bike was stolen last year. My new bike has a full suspension but probably wouldn't be up to any kind of non-paved paths.

I try to ride about 8 - 10 miles every other day on top of going to the gym 5 days a week.

So far it's worked... I was 270lbs on February 7th and checked in at 222lbs today.

We should go out sometime and see how good I can break this bike on some real trails. :ph34r:

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
I mountain bike every day. Where does everyone go? I'm getting bored of the trails next to the Des Plaines River (near river grove), and busse woods are all paved. Are there any more dirt trails near the schaumburg area that aren't impossible, but are more challenging?

I bought a Trek 3900 2 weeks ago on this day. We should all meet up one day

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Jun 7 2005, 08:12 PM
Mike....Palos as in by my parents house? If so I'll ride next weekend, i might be in town.
[snapback]87245[/snapback]​
Palos is why i moved here!..i know the trails back there very well.i ride there every weekend. i have three awesome mountainbikes. . i can lead the way from the horse trail, down to The Little Red Schoolhouse, then to the main traihead starting with 'trail 37'. this trail has switchbacks and alot of cool challenges(last year a four foot-high log mound, that i cleared!) then past Maple and Bullfrog lakes..blasting the big hill and getting big air at the bottom. then off to my favorite, and possibly the most dangerous path out there. i believe it is trail 17, but we refer to it as "The Grinder".. total ride is around 12 miles.. i warm up on the I&M Canal Trail under Willowsprings Rd. bridge. that's about 6.6 miles. . but as long as it doesnt rain too hard, the conditions will be good for a nice ride.. Trail 37 and The Grinder are serious buisness, you need to bring a helmet, gloves, camelback, and insect repellent. anyone up for it?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by preussenGTP+Jun 7 2005, 07:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP
@Jun 7 2005, 08:12 PM
Mike....Palos as in by my parents house? If so I'll ride next weekend, i might be in town.
[snapback]87245[/snapback]​
Palos is why i moved here!..i know the trails back there very well.i ride there every weekend. i have three awesome mountainbikes. . i can lead the way from the horse trail, down to The Little Red Schoolhouse, then to the main traihead starting with 'trail 37'. this trail has switchbacks and alot of cool challenges(last year a four foot-high log mound, that i cleared!) then past Maple and Bullfrog lakes..blasting the big hill and getting big air at the bottom. then off to my favorite, and possibly the most dangerous path out there. i believe it is trail 17, but we refer to it as "The Grinder".. total ride is around 12 miles.. i warm up on the I&M Canal Trail under Willowsprings Rd. bridge. that's about 6.6 miles. . but as long as it doesnt rain too hard, the conditions will be good for a nice ride.. Trail 37 and The Grinder are serious buisness, you need to bring a helmet, gloves, camelback, and insect repellent. anyone up for it?
[snapback]87246[/snapback]​
[/b]
See that's what I want to hear... That's a whole lot cooler than the trails I go on. I just got back from a 6 mile ride and I got yelled at 4 times for passing people at warp speed. I'd rather go "off-road" and not have to worry about that.

Originally posted by iliveonnitro@Jun 8 2005, 08:29 AM
Can we meet up at someone's house and then go ride?  I need an address to mapquest.

What time is good for everyone?  I get off of work here at Woodfield Mall at 4:30pm.  Can we all meeting up at 5:30pm?
[snapback]87272[/snapback]​
dude 530!!? i was thinking more like 11am-12pm. . i have a staging area to meet if we can agree on a time to ride. the place i was thinking about is the parking lot by the Spring Forest Deli. the address is 8390 S. Archer Ave. directions are simple; Rt.83 to Archer then go east. PM me for questions or directions..this will be a blast

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by preussenGTP@Jun 8 2005, 08:54 PM
so far the tentative date is set for either 11am or 12pm on sunday. i PMed a couple of you dudes.  lets get this set up for a definate time.. i got some new avid mechanical disc brakes i need to 'break in'
[snapback]87336[/snapback]​

Mike,

I will be there at around 11:00 am. Please PM an address.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info