3800 Is there at GTP running 10's in IL?

I was talking to a poker friend of mine last night (over a game of poker, surprise) and we got on the topic of cars and started talking about my car, etc. He then told me he has a friend up in rockford w/ a "heavily" modded gtp. Always the curious one, I asked what mods he had and he said "well hes got the pods going down the side". Ok. I then asked what sorta times he was running and he replied back with "He claims 10s." I couldnt help but laugh b/c to my knowledge, I didnt think anyone in IL was into the 10s. I asked him if the guy was running the m90 still but he didnt know. I believe he said the guys name was Aaron or something like that...so was this kid just very misinformed or is there a 10 sec gtp lurking in IL? (oh, he said the guys car is black if that helps).

Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jun 7 2005, 08:34 AM
He may be refferring to Mike Dye's car, IIRC he's low 12's. He was one of the original GTP innovators that decided to pull out of the scene a few years back. Black w/gold stripes?
[snapback]87106[/snapback]​

no, the guys name is aaron. i know that for sure. i'd have to ask him more about it next time i see him. isnt bumpin the fastest gtp in IL? hes running 11s right? (i'm alittle behind on things)

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
Originally posted by dole21@Jun 7 2005, 12:08 PM
I bet its taht guy with the 12 cylinder viper block , 3800 intake, V-tech switch and a big fart can....
[snapback]87155[/snapback]​

I was thinking the same exact thing when I read this thread ahahah!! :lolsign: Man where those the days....

Still see that idiot driving around with his hood off in the middle of summer yea that was last year by OP Mall

Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Jun 9 2005, 11:18 AM
the closest guys right now are Chris Hoenle running 11.0 with a direct drive Novi 2000 CSC, John Tsimaris running 11.0 with MP112 and direct port progessive nitrous, and Tim King running 11.2 with a Gen 5 Stage 4 setup
[snapback]87419[/snapback]​

those guys arent even in IL, correct? isnt tim and john in ohio?

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
No offense but I will believe it when I see it, also, to run that fast, it takes dedication, because you arent just building the car once, you are going through at least 2-3 transmissions per season, countless broken parts.....also $9,000 wont get him very far, there are thousands of dollars worth of parts that you dont even think about......keep in mind, i had around $15,000 into my car and it didnt even have a tranny in it. If he is really doing this, then more power to him, but there is a reason that only the owners of the 3800 companies are running 10s, and that is because very few people can afford to spend ~$2,000 every time the car goes to the track.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info