3800 looking at gettin a SSIC

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
to install the kit with no problems.... besides gettin a different s/c belt...

is the ONLY thing i need to buy extra,... the injector spacers from ZZP
http://zzperformance.com/products1.php?id=273

just dont wanna get it all here and be ready to install it, then have issues with the fuel lines.

What are my options for the fuel rails? I dont know much about fuel rails..

is it like, either i get spacers or i cut them?

TIA

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Before you go and do an IC, I would isolate any radiating heat in your engine compartment as possible. KR is bad, but in this weather it's going to suck on any non-ic'd car to keep it down. Even with an IC I stay out of the throttle during the day as much as possible.

SS IC would be fine, but a full size IC would be better. Any of the full-size IC's will be good, I'd go for what's best for the money either new or used.

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
syP the SS IC is a great mod for the cost. It truly does help take your KR down, but the only thing I would worry about in your case is why are you seeing so much knock up front? I would be leary of just slapping an IC on to elimante your current knock, cause somewhere within your motor those problems will still lurk...

Take some time and go through some of your mods and do some trouble-shooting. I think in the end it will be most beneficial to you and your car...

In regards to the SS IC and the parts you will need:

SS IC kit from ZZP
ZZP fuel injector spacers (you can also cut them or use PRJ's)
Depending on the size pulley you run you will need a new belt
I would also get a new pump, the ZZP pump with worthless (W-Body Pump)
If you want to put it on a switch then you will need that and a 12V relay
In addition you will need a few fittings from Menards

Most people running a full size IC will always say go the bigger route, if money is not an option that go for it. It also depends on how far you are wanting to take your modding...

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
i have the ssic and imho it was not worth the money. w/ a 3.2 pulley w/ 3"dp and 2.5" exhaust, dhp, 104's cai and 160* i still see 2*kr....w/ a can of torco and no KR w/ a 3.0 pulley i only ran 13.71 @101mph...that was with a 2.001 60'. the stock pump with that kit is horrible...ive been through of two of them...i would say upgrade to the bigger pump from the start. that may be my problem with all of it...i am upgrading next week...and to answer your question....either fuel rails or the injector spacers are needed...and nothing else....

however it was a very simple install compared to the w-body store's one..a friend of mine who did that one also has a helluva time getting the wiring harness's all together....

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, I can tell you his PCM file looks "funny" and I said it before. Last night I set up a bin file for him, because I thought he was coming by. I went through his DHP bin, and it looks weird. I sent this file to Charles several months ago, and he said it's how they used to set-up the '97s, but if it was a DHP, I shouldn't have been able to modify it.

I think once he has a custom tune for his set-up things will get better. For instance, his IAT table pulls 3 degrees of timing from the main table at normal operating temps, like I said...it's a strange tune on that PCM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info