3800 New scan... june 5th..

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Looks like a fuel delivery issue. Your IPW's are OK, but soon as you get into the upper RPM's the 02's drop. I used to have this before I got the FP hotwire kit. It's really frustrating because you can tune it out with a miniafc, but it doesn't always happen, so if you richen it up to compensate you end up way too rich. Also seems like you're not moving too much air yet, but that could be the pulley size.

Anyway, if you haven't done it yet, make sure all grounds are clean before the next scan. If you can, put a ground strap from the battery chassis ground to the motor somewhere too. This will help out your ignition, and the fuel delivery a bit.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Syp!

I'll say it again, don't look at your narrowband o2 numbers to tune your car! They will lie to you!

You might think you are going lean in the upper RPMS because the narrowband o2 sensor is going down, but in reality you could be going pig rich! You will not know this without viewing your true air/fuel ratio!

Here is what I suggest:

- Visit a dyno w/wideband and get some Air/Fuel numbers from the vehicle, or save your pennies and purchase a wideband kit that you can hook up to your vehicle.

Example wideband kit w/gauge:

http://wbodystore.com/catalog/product_info...f227d8435b2d4b3 B)

- Then, purchase or find someone with a Powrtuner or HPTuners, and tune out the areas where you are too rich, or too lean based off of your A/F numbers!

You want to achieve a 11.5:1 - 12.0:1 Air/Fuel ratio throughout the RPM range, this will give you reliability and good power. If you are still seeing kr in any areas after tuning, you will need to combat it by either 1) lowering your timing, or 2) lower boost...

Trust me! If you want your motor to be reliable, and the ability to lower pulley size safely this is pretty much your only way to tune!

Thanks!

Joel

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• syP
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list