3800 FS: VS Cam

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I bought a VS Cam from ArcAngel over on ClubGP.com a few months back, he said IIRC that he only put 10k miles on it before he swapped it for a XP cam (I think XP?) it looks to be in nearly perfect condition. The reason im selling it is the costs involved in a cam swap such as install/labor, and freshening up old parts (105k - timing chain, gaskets, springs, etc.). I am most likely going to just go with 1.9 rockers, maybe Pectors PEMs, a tune, and commence modding due to obsession/lack of funds (also this is were it gets expensive..).

Im looking for $200 not including shipping, and if shipping isnt ideal I would be able to meet up half way or something as long as its not a ridiculous distance. Im looking for cash, I dont have a bank account connected to paypal, if I did it would be drained. :lol:

-Nick

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
you could be a butcher and just cut a hole in your front fender and pull the cam out throught that people do it all the time at clubgp then just weld it back up lol.. little jb weld and it's as good as new
Actually that is the easiest way to do a cam swap on a GP, however, there is no cutting involved at all, no welding, just take it out and put the new one in, then put all other associated parts back on.

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Jun 7 2005, 11:08 AM
you could be a butcher and just cut a hole in your front fender and pull the cam out throught that people do it all the time at clubgp then just weld it back up lol.. little jb weld and it's as good as new
Actually that is the easiest way to do a cam swap on a GP, however, there is no cutting involved at all, no welding, just take it out and put the new one in, then put all other associated parts back on. You're pretty dumb.
[snapback]87131[/snapback]​
:steve:

00 GTP Debadged

Regular
Dec 27, 2008
Originally posted by xierxior@Jun 7 2005, 03:41 PM
from what I read at clubgp they said you must cut into the inner fender to pull the cam with the motor still in the car.. perhaps you don't have to I never really looked into it
[snapback]87216[/snapback]​

Where did you read that... Just drop the subframe a little and pull the thing out. We did two in my garage at the same time.

Randy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info