3800 Transfering video tapes to computer???

slow04ss

Regular
May 29, 2008
Rockford
mini DV has firewire. Most hi 8's just have the cord for rca's. Depending what you have you can get an adapter that will allow you hook the rca's up to your pc. Just ask the nerds at best buy circuit city etc. With that you will need some type of prgram to change the file fromat( to avi, mpeg. wav etc.) Windows movie maker I think will do that.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Originally posted by cacicgtp7@Jun 3 2005, 11:45 AM
Also it seems my microsoft movie maker doesn't work. Everytime i try to open it, it says unspecified error????
[snapback]86811[/snapback]​

usukinternet3nf.jpg

Jk, Your comp is just being a Spaz, a good ol' reformatt is good to do once a year to help keep a system stable you know? *or if its XP a System Restore possibly?*

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Originally posted by syP@Jun 3 2005, 05:34 PM
you know dan... that isnt the solution to all of computers problems..

he just needs to upgrade his windows movie maker... that is what i had to do.
[snapback]86856[/snapback]​

I know its not, but in alota cases, its easier than fixing a number of other problems. I work with alot more computers, on a much more regular basis than you, and even when I know what the problem is alot of the time, its just easier to back it up, wipe them, and start clean.

*edit*

You have to understand I generalize alot of problems Ryan, Upgrading it probably would fix it assuming it hasn't already.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info