3800 ticking noise

99GTP

Feb 28, 2008
thanks in advance, the ticking seems to be getting louder and faster? :( i cant figure out what it is ? :angry: however i forgot to mention that I have taylor spark plug wires, heard not to get them from someone on here, could they be the problem? oh and i have ngk spark plugs. are the autolites better?

my low coolant light also is starting to come on....? yes there is plenty of coolant.

mods are: dhp, catback, 3.4, intake, thermostat 180*

Need to make a sig... getting worried hope it doesn't blow up :unsure:

slow04ss

Regular
May 29, 2008
Rockford
The pellets gm uses with dexcool leave a residue that can eventually screw with the coolant sensor. Never seen it happen on a car newer than 97 though.

Does the ticking get faster with rpm's or stay about the same?
I would guess exhaust leak

I run taylor 8mm spiro's on a lot of cars and like them. The 409 race wires I think are junk. Somehow Taylor says they are better :rolleyes:

ngk are they platnium? If so ditch them and go copper, otherwise they should be fine.

99GTP

Feb 28, 2008
it gets faster with rpms, but its louder now and seems faster then before at idle, thats the only time i hear it, mostly when its echoing off a building or car its not super loud, can bearly hear it otherwise. but its realy pissing me off :angry:

Thanks again, kind worried no one has heard this before. has anybody heard this on their car?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list