3800 WTF Happened to ILGPC?

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
I have pondered this question this week myself. Dont get me wrong the forum is outstanding. I think the critisim needs to be toned done a few notches. I will be the first to admit I am not perfect, but I know when to stay clear and i'm fairly careful on what I type. There are people on here that have some balls when typing, but I also have noticed when you meet people face to face they are totaly different. WHat I mean by that is well mannered, speaking intelligently and just fun to be around and there are just the real ignorant people on here that can careless about anything, but they still dont bother me in any way. We should try working together on here. Dont hate. Makes people feel like there not wanted. So what if some says something stupid. Sure, everyone talks out there ass one point or another. It just happens thay way. no ones perfect. That is why you have to figure out a way to make things work with one another.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Mike is right...

This is the typical evolution of any club, whether it's on-line or brick and mortar. The new incoming members need to show the respect due to those who’ve fostered the club's growth and knowledgebase and the old timers need to be a little more nurturing and forgiving to the noobie's when it comes to etiquette and communication. If we start kicking people out then we risk have the legacy fade along with our available time and interest in the club as we all age.

Think of it this way;
You all have built a club that the next generation of W-body enthusiasts wants to join. This is an exciting situation. It’s up to all of us to make sure the new members are patterned to carry on and build upon the legacy set by the founders. Inner cliques of friends are fine but they must always be willing to remain open to any interaction with anyone seeking a belonging. Shutting off noobies from the attentions of the founders of any club just alienates them to act out in ways contrary to the positive flow of club participation. I must say, though, I have never seen any “inner clique” conflicts arise here.

Sorry if I went all serious and ranty.

On a lighter note; somewhere in the world…right now…someone is sticking their penis in an animal’s orifice!

Doesn’t that make all of this seem trivial now?!

S

sr71_rgl

The old timers/originators have all but left and a new crop of ignorant punks have taken over. I really think it has a lot to do with the fact that anyone can afford a SC'd Wbody these days. It's really lowered the caliber of the forum members we've been getting lately. I'm not some super huge contributor but when I first started checking this site a couple years ago things were much different. The community was much tighter and goal to be the fastest gp/w body club in the nation was the priority. I still check this page often but find myself reading only a couple posts due to all the trivial drama.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Jeesh, am I an "old-timer"?

Give it a month or two, things will change. I've noticed the Club goes in cycles. Once everyone settles into summer things wil be different.

I used to be in motorcycle clubs, new members in and out every year. You'd be luck to recognize a handfull of people every year. People move on, crash, or die...and always a willing flock of newbies to take their place.

I don't see any "big" problem, SOS to me...just a little more drama now and then. I think the problem lies somewhat in the "old-timers" too. As we are a little jaded from the past few years of progress. As most of us struggled to get our cars in the 13's, now a newbie can get a lot of speed stuff off the shelf and run fast right away, makes it discouraging for us sometimes. I just gave Kyle crap last weekend that he's faster than me already, but there's always someone faster.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
You know what's bad?

When the "younger generation" of members becomes stereotypically frowned upon.

You know what's worse?

Being one of the original members from the OLD website/forum (remember that?), joining at the age of 16, and then being thrown into a stereotype that seems to deserve no respect--that of the "younger generation."

C'mon people, I'm 18 and deserve more respect than that. Leave the age stereotype out of this and keep the factor of maturity as the only reason. There is a difference between growing up/moving on, and age/maturity...do I need to remind everone of the former "older" member who stole from another member's home?

Do I deserve to be thrown into this? I'm sorry the club, as inferred from this thread, isn't as tight as it used to be...but age and "growing up" has little to do with it.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by iliveonnitro@Jun 2 2005, 03:04 PM
You know what's bad?

When the "younger generation" of members becomes stereotypically frowned upon.

You know what's worse?

Being one of the original members from the OLD website/forum (remember that?), joining at the age of 16, and then being thrown into a stereotype that seems to deserve no respect--that of the "younger generation."

C'mon people, I'm 18 and deserve more respect than that.  Leave the age stereotype out of this and keep the factor of maturity as the only reason.  There is a difference between growing up/moving on, and age/maturity...do I need to remind everone of the former "older" member who stole from another member's home?

Do I deserve to be thrown into this?  I'm sorry the club, as inferred from this thread, isn't as tight as it used to be...but age and "growing up" has little to do with it.
[snapback]86619[/snapback]​
I agree with you on this, I was trying to infer "newbie" and not younger. Hope you didn't take that the wrong way.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
:iagree:
I may also fit into the "younger generation" seeing as I am 20 years old. However I have been around for a long time, I was back with CGPC 4 years ago when I had my first GTP. I realize that I am a cocky asshole most the time, but I really dont care, I always do whatever I can to help anyone out. Hell, I have given away over $1000 total worth of parts for FREE to people just so they could get their cars back up and running, as well as countless hours of working on peoples cars, just to help them out. So please do not classify me and James under the "younger generation" group.

EDIT: posted before you clarified things Ron, its all good ;)

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
I agree with you on this, I was trying to infer "newbie" and not younger. Hope you didn't take that the wrong way.

I do agree with this, but I feel it's all up to maturity as well. I would still consider myself a newbie not sure what you guys think, and I am still in the younger croud as well. My point is I dont think I'm that bad as well as others on here.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by RoyalGTP+Jun 2 2005, 03:48 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-superchargedgp
@Jun 2 2005, 03:42 PM
i slowly stop carring.  getting sick of the gp.  wanna buy a house, not mod the car
[snapback]86633[/snapback]​

You too? Im looking to get the masters and house in the next 2 years....

Maybe even married. :( :eek: :ph34r:
[snapback]86634[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thats a trip. I will be looking for a house in the next 6-8 months. Marriage can wait a little longer and college is done and over with. I will never touch that nightmare again. (college). i guess you can say I want to be completly settled before I do the left hand ring thing :(

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by MIKES3+Jun 2 2005, 03:53 PM-->
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jun 2 2005, 03:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-superchargedgp
@Jun 2 2005, 03:42 PM
i slowly stop carring.  getting sick of the gp.  wanna buy a house, not mod the car
[snapback]86633[/snapback]​

You too? Im looking to get the masters and house in the next 2 years....

Maybe even married. :( :eek: :ph34r:
[snapback]86634[/snapback]​

I will never touch that nightmare again. (college).
[snapback]86638[/snapback]​
[/b]

College was the best time of my life!!!!!! WTF!!? :blink:

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
my bad.................... i know i have probably been involved with some of the latest shit threads, but i try to help when i can, and i can honestly agree with everyone that this club has done a 180 in the past few months. I hope it can go back how it was, hopefully summer will help that, and get everyone in the car mood and hanging out mood and we can all get along.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info