3800 Apparently my SC is screwed

I

imported_Ron Vogel

In December I picked up a 2004 MC blower with 14K on it. I guess it was not as advertised.

Ever since I first fired it up after porting the housing it has sounded like a bad power steering pump. I decided to tear into it tonight to check it out.

First off, when I removed the fill plug pressure blew out of the oil resivour. I sucked out the 2 month old BLACK oil. After removing the snout, I found both of the snout bearings were bad, and it was hanging up on them when trying to spin the shaft. After removing the shaft, found a nice deep groove where the seal rode on the shaft. The bearings between the rotors and the gears allowed a ton of play, and my nice ported housing now has some nice grooves in it. I think the needle bearings behind the gears were shot enough that pressure was building in the oil resivour.

Fortunately, I have a rebuilt snout, and my old rotors with good tight bearings sitting on the shelf. I just finished putting it all back together, and it spins nice and freely.

Can't believe I paid $350 for that POS blower! Now I have a set of trashed rotors, and a snout that has to be rebuilt, so I'll never get anywhere near my money back on it.

Note to self....stop buying crap on Ebay.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list