3800 have an aftermarket exhaust?

I

imported_Theautoguy

It was passed in the Illinois house of Representative on Thursday and has been passed to the Senate yesterday for it's first reading. The Senate sponsor of the bill is James Claybourne, democrate out of St. Louis.

District Office:
327 Missouri Avenue
Suite 422
East St. Louis, IL 62201
(618) 875-1212
(618) 274-3010 FAX

Here's the web page of the current Senator's that will be voting on this. Pick some out close to you and fax them a letter voicing your feelings.

http://www.ilga.gov/reports/rptMemberList....d=8&ChamberId=S

Myself, I feel this bill could violate my freedom by not outlining any guidelines to the decibel output and basing violations solely on visual observance. Under its current verbiage, I can put an aftermarket 4" chrome tip on the Midas OEM exhaust on my VW Fox and get ticketed! Further, HB2221 doesn't address any other forms of transportation. I've often heard motorcycles make much more noise than any car away from a race track! How about "jake-brakes" on 18 wheelers? Those aren't factory but they make an awful noise when they're used on the off ramps near residential areas. Where are the boundaries? This sounds like a reaction of a lower legislator who's neighbor's kid just installed an aftermarket system on their BMW or Lancer and works nights; the peace of the few over the good of the many??? I don't understand!

I fear this bill will make criminals out of true enthusiasts and drive a portion of our next generation away from the automotive hobby and possibly into much more damaging outlets of their youthful energy.

I think that’s what I’m putting in my letter as I fax it to a half dozen or so Senators listed on that page.

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
Great, I'm getting exhaust work done this week. Oh well I guess. The tips prolly won't look too aftermarket-ish. Dunno if that's a word. I'm guessing this is mainly aimed towards all the annoying rice burners with their annoying exhausts and their huge fart cans. If this actually passes we'll never be able to find mustangs to race since they'll be too loud. Or all the congressmen have Evo's and are scared of their cars stalling when they try to race loud cars. lol.

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@May 28 2005, 11:21 AM
THis is bull shit..............Fucking democrats....

Its the ricers and motorcycles that are doing this to all of us.....

Really though, how can they go after cars when a damm STOCK motorcycle is 2times as loud as a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:  :angry:
[snapback]85819[/snapback]​

Well sorry nobody pays attention to us motorcycle drivers and doesn't give a crap, that's the reson i got my exhaust, cause no one could hear me and some dumb lady almost pulled right over into my lane as soon as i got my bike.

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
Well then we all need to take a drive and park in front of the idiot that decided to pursue this. I say we all go over his place at night and rev our engines for hours!!!! :lolsign: :lolsign: Did I hear roadtrip?? I think this guy is just jealous that his EVO doesn't sound like our Grand Prix's. :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info