- BMR Control Arms
- BMR Subframe Connectors
- BMR Adj. Torque Arm
- SLP Driveshaft Safety Loop
- QA1 Adjustable Shocks and Struts
- Speed Inc. Dyno Tune
- Royal Purple Trans Fluid
- Moser 12 Bolt Rear End 3.73 Gear – 33 spline axles, 1350 yolk, TA girdle
- TNT Wet Nitrous Kit 75-150 hp – Remote Bottle Opener, Window Switch, NOS Purge, Bottle Heater – High pressure inline Fuel Pump 255L
- Autometer Pillar Pod with Autometer Carbon Fiber Fuel Pressure and NOS Pressure Gauge
- Optima Yellow Top Battery with Quick Disconnect
- Raptor Performance Shift Light – Green led
- Cross-drilled front rotors
- Raybestos Brake Pads
- Painted calipers Red
- Line Lock
- Throttle Body Bypass
- Rebuilt Transmission with Viper Shift Forks and Performance Parts
- Custom Caliper Grind to accommodate 15” Drag Slicks

This is my good friends car, all work has been done through Speed Inc.
He is asking $19,500 and has over $17,000 worth of work done to the car. This car should be easily into the low 11's with the nitrous!

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
yup sounds about right to me :lolsign: I know what I'm getting into it's not only a ring problem but a bearing tolerance problem that's causing the piston slap.. when I go out looking for my T/A I'll just make sure the motor is cold and listen for any weird noises and even if it does slap I don't care it's not like I'm going to beat on it until it's warmed up anyways.. besides if blows there's always the 2005 z06 motor :ph34r:

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
yes that car will 99% likely burn a ton of oil.
its a 00 and a 6 speed, and the mods dont help with that.
make sure you call him before you get there and make sure he doesnt start it, best to come early in the morning when the car is stone cold- listen for piston slap and youll probobly see some smoke out the tailpipes when its cold
and have someone drive behind you and watch the exhaust while you rhomp on it, clouds = bad

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
you are now :blink: that's a 2002 motor change all previous motors can have piston slap..

BEARING TOLERANCE
Reduced tolerances in the crankshaft main bearings mean a more precise fit. The result is an increase in long-term durability and, just as importantly, a reduction in something known to engineers as "cold knock"--a slight slapping noise from the engine before it reaches full operating temperature.

Originally posted by xttc2000@May 28 2005, 12:23 PM
yea.
im not aware of any bearing tolerance issues.
its the rings and the cylinder bore actually being out of round not honed with a torque plate that causes the piston slap.
[snapback]85828[/snapback]​

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
yes, I know about the intakes and being the fastest......this 2000 has a ls6 intake.........

So you are saying that I will probably see a good amout of smoke come out of the exhaust everytime I start working those gears?

And this is becuase of the rings on the block or bearings?????? What were you guys saying?

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
ive owned my share of ls1's and they all did it to some extent, this last one was the worst.
and last saturday i hit up a meet and we went for a cruise and i shit you not when we got on the highway and started playing around every single one of the m6s smoked when they got on it, some more than others but i advise you be very careful choosing your car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info