3800 Memorial Day BBQ Recipes

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
Well anyone that knows me knows I enjoy to BBQ.
Here are a few of my most requsted dishes.

Hot Wings

Package of fresh chicken wings (apx20)
Combine
16oz Franks Original Hot Sauce
2-3 Table spoons of margarine
Few dashes of Tobasco Sauce
Garlic Powder to taste
in a pan and heat until margarine is melted.

Cook wings on grill until almost done. Dunk in sauce and place back on grill. Repeat process untill wings are fully cooked. The more you dunk the hotter they will be.

Searve with a quality Bleu Cheese dressing and enjoy.

Bacon wrapped steak and chicken.

Boneless New York strip steaks and bonless chicken breasts.
Bacon
Garlic powder and your other favorite seasonings
Bleu Cheese

Pre cook bacon in microwave until it is partially done.
Slice meat into strips.
Place a piece of blue cheese in the center, start wrapping up with bacon on the outside then place on skewer. Season and place on grille. Cook until done. Arange finished food over a lettuce cover platter and serve with your favorite steak sauce, hot sauce and Bleu cheese dressing.

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Thats good info Brien thanks, I use to make hot wings like that but without the Garlic Powder must be the secret ingrident that I'm missing & second I had to be careful and not burn the wings they cook fast with the sauce on.:))

Graffix you should put the Marinade Receipe on here for the Mexican Steak (arrachera} Good stuff..... Flour or Corn tortilla?

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
Thats good info Brien thanks, I use to make hot wings like that but without the Garlic Powder must be the secret ingrident that I'm missing & second I had to be careful and not burn the wings they cook fast with the sauce on.:))

Lee... The problem you are having is that the sugars in the BBQ are carmelizing thus making the black "burnt" look . The sugars in the sauce are burning .. usually when this happens the chicken isnt cooked thouroghly because people look at the chicken and say well its burning it must be cooked , usually not the case put the chicken on the grill and add the BBQ sauce in the last few mins of cook time ..

Food network RULES : :headbang:

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
Originally posted by Bliss Racing+May 27 2005, 11:31 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Dream
@May 27 2005, 09:47 PM
Gummi Bears soaked overnight in rum or 100 proof Soco........:D
[snapback]85770[/snapback]​

What kind of rum...i wanna try this!!!
[snapback]85779[/snapback]​
[/b]
Hell, right now it doesn't matter which type of rum...Bacardi works....I'm "marinating" my gummi bears right now for next weekend....they will sit in the cheap rum (which isn't all that bad..its Ronrico from Jewel) for about one week....until they get eaten the week of June 2nd - 5th. :) Either way, they will be AWESOME!!!! :)

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
Originally posted by Dream+May 29 2005, 03:03 AM-->
Originally posted by Bliss Racing@May 27 2005, 11:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dream

Hell, right now it doesn't matter which type of rum...Bacardi works....I'm "marinating" my gummi bears right now for next weekend....they will sit in the cheap rum (which isn't all that bad..its Ronrico from Jewel) for about one week....until they get eaten the week of June 2nd - 5th. :) Either way, they will be AWESOME!!!! :)
[snapback]85865[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thats a long fucking time.. when we did that with cherrys the alcohol would eat through the cherrys u sure theres gunna be any gummi bears left in a week?? :lolsign:

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
Originally posted by staceyyearsich+May 30 2005, 08:26 PM-->
Originally posted by Dream@May 29 2005, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Bliss Racing@May 27 2005, 11:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dream

[snapback]85865[/snapback]​

Thats a long fucking time.. when we did that with cherrys the alcohol would eat through the cherrys u sure theres gunna be any gummi bears left in a week?? :lolsign:
[snapback]85971[/snapback]​
[/b]

Hrm...not sure. We looked at them yesterday and you all know how gummi bears are small??? Well, these things are blown up about twice the size as normal and there is absolutley no rum left in the container. I think we're going to end up with gummi mush......I'll let you guys know if they last til Thursday. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info