3800 midwest pontiac drag days

Originally posted by WhiteSleeperGTP@May 23 2005, 09:59 PM

anyway Father's day weekend. Saturday is show day, Sunday is race day.
Good times.
Who's in?

http://www.pontiacnationals.com/midwest_pontiac_drags.html
[snapback]85145[/snapback]​

well well the GA is hitting the track ina day or two for some testing an If I a,m up in points for the local track series and the GA is pulling strong I will be there to give ya all hell in the FWD class!

bracketracer

Jun 20, 2008
Hey Gang!
I will definitely be there! The only debate is with which car. If I can convince my wife effectively, we will be there with both! The idea is to put her in the GTP (hell, she still cuts better lights than I do with it, and it's faster with her since she's much lighter than me). It's soooooo much more fun to drag race the 5-speed Sunbird, even though it's much slower. The new Drag Radials have me cutting 2.0 - 2.1 60 fts with it, and it's as consistent as it's been for the last 12 years. Plus I have to defend my 2004 FWD Title :naughty:
I hate to disappoint some of you, but I will be surprised if we see Jake and the GA there. I just spoke with him on Tuesday, and it sounds like he'll be at GLD racing in the Summit Super Series. I hope I am wrong though, a little FWD diversity, and some kick-ass competition always makes for more fun!

bracketracer

Jun 20, 2008
I can barely wait the next 40 hours or so! I only wish it was still a Fri - Sun event, so I could be leaving tomorrow morning instead of Saturday.

My wife is waivering on whether or not she actually wants to race the GTP, but if it's there, it's racin! I'm pissed that the last 3 times I tried to go do some testing with my Drag Radials on the Sunbird that it got screwed up by weather. The first time weather looked bad, and I stayed home (the event went on without me). The second time I drove all the way to GLD, it rained for 10 minutes as I got to Union Grove, and they shut down the track (it didn't rain the rest of the night). Tuesday I was watching the radar and storms were heading in that direction, so I stayed home again (sure enough they raced without me!). All of you who enjoyed the great racing and weather on Tuesday have me to thank. By staying home, I guaranteed you good weather!

It looks like smooth sailing and beautiful weather for Saturday and Sunday. I look forward to seeing folks there!

See you all then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info