3800 Mod/Race Day Results

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
where to begin....

First I have to say on behalf of ILGPC a big THANK YOU to all of our sponsoring companies for all the prizes they donated to the mod/race day weekend.... W-Body Store, INTENSE Racing, ZZPerformance, Digital Horsepower, Casper's Electronics, Bad Influence, Specialty Motoring Products, and Morad Parts Company... Thanks!!! :)

Secondly thank you to Lynn and Mike for helping with the planning of this weekend, couldn't have done it without you two, well without going insane! (LOL) Thanks guys! :D

Third, to all the members who showed up to the mod day, race day or both, THANKS! I hope you guys all had a great weekend and that it was worth the drive, etc... You guys rock!!! Glad to see the Indy guys came out to the track also... Rob, Chris and Derek! :)

Now onto the stuff everyone wants to know about.... the results and prizes!

W-Body Store:
$100 Gift Certificate – Fastest Time on street tires - Johnny O. (CoolGTX) 13.007
$100 Gift Certificate – Best Reaction time - Brian Gardner (Fish) .510
$100 Gift Certificate - Raffle - Steve Miller (BumpinGTP)
Full Shift Kit – Bracket Race Winner - Brian Gardner (Fish)
Full Shift Kit – Fastest Car on stock trans - Ron Vogel (Ron Vogel) 13.108
Full Shift Kit - Raffle - Becky Griffith (Dream)
Full Shift Kit - Raffle - Paul Soltis (2002SilverGTP)

INTENSE Racing:
$100 Gift Certificate – Fastest 60’ - Paul Soltis (2002SilverGTP) - 1.734
$100 Gift Certificate – Fastest Time on drag radials/slicks - Paul Soltis (2002SilverGTP) - 12.720
$100 Gift Certificate - Raffle - Paul Soltis (2002SilverGTP)

ZZPerformance:
Modular Pulley System – Fastest Car with press on pulley - Mike Kopstain (Mike K) - 13.476
$100 gift cert – Fastest NA Car - Brian Gardner (Fish) 15.180
Choice of free hat or shirt to anyone setting a personal best at the track this weekend (on the honor system) - Mike Knapczynski, Ron Vogel and Brian Gardner

Casper’s Electronics
Timing Commander - Highest MPH - Mike Knapczynski (superchargedGP) - 108.14
Timing Commander - Paired with DHP winner GTP - Mike I (Mikes1998GTP) - 14.624
Timing Commander - Paired with DHP winner GT - Brian Gardner (Fish) 15.180
Timing Commander - Raffle - Mike I (Just noticed he won two of these!)
Timing Commander - Raffle - Bob Dolan (dole21)

SMP Specialty Motoring Products:
Microfiber Towels, Quick Detail, Stickers/Shirts - Mod Day Prize. We had a small raffle for these at the mod day Brian (Fish), Brien (Hunterdog) and Stephanie (GT SE Family) won the SMP cleaning products

DHP (Digital Horsepower):
PCM – Fastest GTP with stock PCM - Mike I (Mikes1998GTP) 14.624
PCM - Fastest GT with stock PCM - Brian Gardner (Fish) 15.180

Bad Influence
$100 Gift Certificate - Fastest GP with a stock cam - Mike Knapczynski (superchargedGP) 12.780
(Lee and Little Jon of MN. Good for Parts or Labor. Must be an ILGPC member and it cannot be sold or transferred)

Morad Parts Company:
Ed is donating a keg for us for the mod day! Thanks Ed, we finished the keg off by about 10pm I think? :) hehe

I will be emailing the sponsors to find out exactly how they want their donations taken care of, if all the winners can stay tuned and I will post up when I need you all to email me your info!!

Thanks again to everyone and anyone who helped out with this weekend, I really appreciated it. I think I got everything, but if I missed anything let me know guys!

edit: Oh and we raised $177 with the raffle! Great job guys!!!

denise :)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by xttc2000@May 22 2005, 08:19 PM
wow. thats a big list of prizes
brian you sure seem to clean up every time you hit an event.
[snapback]84951[/snapback]​

Hehe, and people tell me to buy a GTP. :lolsign: I like where I sit. Just wish my car would run the way it should.

THanks to Denise for planning, and our sponsors the the badass prize list.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Good runs everyone and dang i was hoping for that zzp certificate but never really paid attention to the category..lol never would have gotten it anyay

Congrats to Paul on sweeping the intense GC's...lol how fitting...:D

And thanks to Denise for all her hard work on this even though she doesn't have a grand prix...lol and to our sponsors as well for kicking in a tremedous amount of prizes.

I

imported_Theautoguy

I'm really sorry that I couldn't make it to the Race Day but the Mod/Drinking Day was great. It was good to put faces to names again...I really need to get out more often. I'm glad the weather worked out for all at US41.

Denise, Mike and Lynn, you three did a great job. Now don't you feel better now?!

I did get a new PB for top speed in the Regal leaving the mod day...thanks to Charles for loading the fix for the Version 1 Regal DHP a few months ago.

D

DerekD

Had a great time up there, thanks for the invite. I got 2nd in my first ever bracket race (damn you Fish). I wish there were more guys into racing from here, we could've had a grudge match or something.

What really sucks is that I had a great 60' in the first round of bracket that might have netted me a new PB, but I let off since I was ahead pretty good. Oh well, it was fun to try that. That jet car was sick too.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by DerekD@May 22 2005, 11:27 PM
Had a great time up there, thanks for the invite.  I got 2nd in my first ever bracket race (damn you Fish).  I wish there were more guys into racing from here, we could've had a grudge match or something. 

What really sucks is that I had a great 60' in the first round of bracket that might have netted me a new PB, but I let off since I was ahead pretty good.  Oh well, it was fun to  try that.  That jet car was sick too.
[snapback]84988[/snapback]​

:wub: :wub: :p

That was a pretty INTENSE :lol: race.

I got a video of the jet car. Im gonna try and have it hosted by tomorrow.

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
Thanks Denise, Lynn & Mike the family and I had a blast!!

A big thanks to Mike's friend (sorry forgot his name) and his folks Russ & Bridget for letting us have it at their beautiful place in the country. They made everyone feel so welcome! Bridget insisted that we do it again next year, I wonder if they would consider adopting me?(maybe if I'd keep BBQ'n for 'em ;) ).

I was so glad to see a lot of you bring the little ones with. My kids had so much fun with all the kids.

I was so happy to see you guys had such beautiful weather for race day too, I wish I could have been there.

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
I also want to thank Denise, Lynn & Mike for putting on awsome 2day event and Rick for letting us invade his home. those sheeps across the Road was going nuts. Where can you go and have a Mod/Day and have more than a 1/4 to test and tune your car :))

Fish get that Jet Car video up that was sick......

GTPHales-Wife

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Plano, IL
Glad to see everyone had a great time!

Denise.....we have to give you a great big thanks! You did most of the work! You did a great job, I know you were under alot of stress with having to change the Mod Day at last mintue....and it still turned out great!

Our Niece Haley had a great time too, running around with all the other kids and having fun! I couldn't believe it when a little after midnight she asked us when we were going home. She slept all the way home....so thanks guys for waring her out, LOL!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Glad you guys had a good time... There were a lot of "unknowns" all the way up to the day of the event so we're happy it went off without a hitch. We're welcome back whenever we want to do this again so next time we'll have a date set in stone as well as a location.

Props to Lynn and Denise too. Aside for my working on the day of the event they did most of the planning and despite all the stress they still heart eachother.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info