3800 **Official Mod/Race Day Weekend Info**

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
Here is all the up to date information on the mod/race day weekend....

Sponsored by: W-Body Store, INTENSE Racing, ZZPerformance, Digital Horsepower, Casper's Electronics, Bad Influence, Specialty Motoring Products, and Morad Parts Company

Saturday May 21st: Mod day
Held this year in Harvard, IL at Mike K's friends house..
1917 Island Rd
Harvard, IL 60033-9634

Start time of 10am All other info same as the main thread...

Food List
lynn - hot dogs, burgers, buns, chips and possibly taffy apple salad
denise - chicken and buns, chips
mikes3 - bruschetta
j/o - potatoe salad
00gtp83 - pork chops/cheese potatoes
becky/steve - brats and munchies
fish - hot dogs
brien - hot wings, chips and salsa
krobar2 - variety of meats?
ron - blt dip/bread
**any changes please let us know or post up in the food list thread... Thanks!

Sunday May 22nd: Race Day
Being held at US41 Raceway Morocco, IN Gates open at 8 am.
Racing starts at 9am. Brackets should begin at 1 pm.
$20 (according to website) to race $10 to spectate
Please let them know when you arrive you are with ILGPC.
Also all 3800’s are welcome at the race day, I know we have always had issues with this at the track days in the past. To qualify for a prize that is all you need to have, and out of state 3800s are welcome to either or both events but in order to qualify for the race prizes you need to be present at both.

Prize List

W-Body Store:
$100 Gift Certificate – Fastest Time on street tires
$100 Gift Certificate – Best Reaction time
$100 Gift Certificate - Raffle
Full Shift Kit – Bracket Race Winner
Full Shift Kit – Fastest Car on stock trans
Full Shift Kit - Raffle
Full Shift Kit - Raffle

INTENSE Racing:
$100 Gift Certificate – Fastest 60’
$100 Gift Certificate – Fastest Time on drag radials/slicks
$100 Gift Certificate - Raffle

ZZPerformance:
Modular Pulley System – Fastest Car with stock pulley
$100 gift cert – Fastest NA Car
Choice of free hat or shirt to anyone setting a personal best at the track this weekend (on the honor system)

Casper’s Electronics
Timing Commander - TBD
Timing Commander - TBD
Timing Commander - TBD
Timing Commander - Raffle
Timing Commander - Raffle

SMP Specialty Motoring Products:
Microfiber Towels, Quick Detail, Stickers/Shirts - Mod Day Prize (TBA)

DHP (Digital Horsepower):
PCM – Fastest GTP with stock PCM
PCM - Fastest GT with stock PCM

Bad Influence
$100 Gift Certificate - Fastest GP with a stock cam
(Lee and Little Jon of MN. Good for Parts or Labor. Must be an ILGPC member and it cannot be sold or transferred)

Morad Parts Company:
Ed is donating a keg for us for the mod day! Thanks Ed! :)

Raffle will be held Sunday at the track, tickets are $1 a piece with proceeds going to the website.

There might be more prizes added, we will update if and when we receive word!

Any questions/changes please let me know, I think we have everything covered...

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
I won't be there Saturday so you might want to take me off the food list!! Don't forget to pick me up on Sunday for the race day... and also get my decals from Fredo and also bring beer to the track fuckers!! ahhahaahaahaaaaaaaa cause when I show up (since you all say I ain't) I want someone to hand me a beer in the am soldiers!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Ok guys and gals, Denise and I just spoke and we have a problem. I just received a registered letter from the city stating that we'll be fined for any events in this weekend's time period. It's not wrong for us to have a "BBQ" but people being on the street for anything other than parking their cars would not be permitted. That's ridiculous and we're not interested in this. It's looking like Harvard is the location.

I really want to emphasize that the drive is not that bad. This is a longtime friend of mine and I've been going out to his house for years. From Streets of woodfield it's about a 45 minute haul though with a convoy it's probably about 1 hour. THIS IS ONLY 15 MINUTES PAST WHERE LP'S MOD DAY USED TO BE.

The house is surrounded by open country roads where you can scan your car till your heart's content. :)

I'm sorry for the last minute change but I'm not looking to alienate the city and my neighbors in the same day.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
I know the majority wanted Arlington Heights, but with the threat of Mike being fined for our mod day we have no choice. I hope that everyone understands what kind of predicament this has left us in and Harvard is our only choice now since we don't have anyone else volunteering their place LOL. Those that wanted Harvard will be pleased and I hope the rest of you will look past the little bit further of a drive and still make it out! We all know how fun our mod days are, large or small!

Once Mike gets me the address I will have one of the admins edit my post to reflect the new address so that people can map it out! Sorry again about the last minute location change!

I

imported_GraFFix

Just a FYI i was supposed ot be bringing arrachera but due to family issues I just dont have the time to get it and make it for this mod day. Plus I dont exactly know what time ill be able to come out..might not be untill the late afternoon so I will have to find some other food to bring...sorry to those who were expecting it . Ill bring it next time for sure. :)

I

imported_GraFFix

Yes Ill be there Saturday for sure just not sure what time ill be showing up. I am not going to the track on sunday though. to far to drive just to spectate imo.

I wish could take tomorrow off and watch the game with ya....but I had to take last fri and this mon off already.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by dsk727+May 19 2005, 03:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@May 19 2005, 12:18 PM
I called out to the Indy guys...
http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=22...de=1&s=#2245420
[snapback]84557[/snapback]​
thats cool! I hope they show up! Mod day close to WI border and race day in IN, LOL :)
[snapback]84596[/snapback]​
[/b]
I'd really like to see Rob get in the 11's...but I hope he doesn't race in the brackets. I was lucky to advance past him at MGM, but he was having an "off" day. We were all having tracton issues, and I think he was futzing with his PCM every round (which doesn't help consistancy)

00gtp83

Regular
Jan 26, 2008
i know a lot of people may not agree with me but i think that harvard is a better choice for what we are doing. but that is just how i feel. I am sure it is goin to be a good time for everyone that goes i am excited, hope to meet alot of you this will be my first ILGPC meet that i will be able to attend.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Originally posted by GTPPWR@May 19 2005, 04:59 PM
Byron is only 8min from my house.
[snapback]84601[/snapback]​

You big silly, Byron is 30 minutes from my house down Ralston to Meridian to Hwy 2. It's at least 30 minutes for you too. :ph34r:

Anyway, I'm going to Harvard or wherever but do we have an address yet?

I got the Regal back together and after 30 minutes of a combination of normal driving and severe flogging the code isn't popping up or even pending. Hopefully after a drive to work tomarrow it'll show nothing.

DAMN, it does pull though!

Don

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
Harvard is cool with me.
It's supposed to be beautiful out so it'll be a good day for a road trip :) .

The only problem is I don't know if it's cool with my dent guy. If I had an address I could call him tomorrow and make sure. I don't have web access anymore at work so I can't check the boards :( . I'll see what I can do.

00gtp83

Regular
Jan 26, 2008
and about the cheese potatoes i can still make them but i will need to know if i have a place to warm them up cause they take awhile to make so i will make them the night before, it is a two hour drive for me to get to the mod day, so i dont feel like getting up earlier then i have to lol friday night is going to be a long one. some one please let me know and i am sure mike k is the only one with that answer

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info