3800 New product sneak peak...

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by Mike K@May 17 2005, 10:56 PM
We will have our new 3" intercooler present at the mod day... :)  It will be encased in a standard sized IC housing and will be usable with a stock hood.  Core size is approximately double that of the original core...  :ph34r:  :eek:
[snapback]84276[/snapback]​

Can you give out a price yet?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I would think that it'd be great to offer the core itself to those that want to upgrade. Even better if you could offer a core exchange program, then open a section of your store to re-sell the exchanges. I'd understand if you couldn't do this, but it would be great for the community as a whole...maybe an introductory offer?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I can't speak for everyone, but with the amount of work involved, and the fabrication you need to do, prolly about $200-300 for a club member to do it. If you had a shop do it, it would be very expensive. IC's arent a plug and play kind of thing. It's a full weekend project really. It has to be one of the very best mods to have though!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by CoolGTX+May 18 2005, 07:27 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@May 18 2005, 07:26 PM
Guessing the core will stick into the intake manifold.

What exactly does that do for airflow??? Since the fins will be pushing the air one way while it wants to go another??
[snapback]84445[/snapback]​
trasher been doing it for years.
[snapback]84446[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ahh, I was just curious. B)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
You guys got me... :)

Really it's a non-issue. I looked at several other intake designs from cars that are equipped with intercoolers stock. Mainly we wanted to make sure that there was enough "plenum" area to maintain even distribution to the cylinders.

At the end of the day we're going to be forced to test the A/F exiting from each cylinder. This will make for an interesting looking set of headers. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info