3800 Will I need a case learn?

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
I just bought a used DHP PCM v1.0 for the same year of my GTP (1998), will I need a case learn?

Also I have been noticing that whenever I turn on my car the Range in miles starts to go down and the gauge on the fuel tank goes down as well. It's pretty strange, and it only does it when it's on Park, as soon as I start driving it goes up to where it's supposed to be.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is it a bad sensor somewhere?

Thanks for the help.

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by 3800SC98@May 13 2005, 02:42 PM
I just bought a used DHP PCM v1.0 for the same year of my GTP (1998), will I need a case learn?

Also I have been noticing that whenever I turn on my car the Range in miles starts to go down and the gauge on the fuel tank goes down as well. It's pretty strange, and it only does it when it's on Park, as soon as I start driving it goes up to where it's supposed to be.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is it a bad sensor somewhere?

Thanks for the help.
[snapback]83640[/snapback]​

So is it normal that my fuel guage goes down as well?>

I guess I never paid atention to it until now.

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by mybluegtp@May 14 2005, 11:42 AM
Even when he was sitting on my driveway his DIC shows his gas mileage go down. Which was really odd!!!
[snapback]83743[/snapback]​

Yup, and the fuel gauge does go down as well.
If I'm driving it and come to a stop and put it on park the DIC miles will start to go down along with my fuel gauge. Very strange!

Not sure if it's related but I've been getting some real bad MPG (13.9) for a long time now. Still want to clean my injectors but not sure if that's the MPG problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info