3800 Will I get KR with a 3.4 pulley?

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
almost positive....

Do the DP and ubend delted and maybe you wont.....

There are some freaks out there that can handle it thouhg.

Some with the 3.5s get kr.....heck, even 3.8s get KR in some weather..

Car to car to car......sometimes it just doesnt make sense.. :blink:

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by sr71_rgl@May 12 2005, 06:39 PM
I bought my GS with a 3.5", 1.9 rockers and a hot air intake and had 7* of KR.  I'm pretty sure the HAI contributed a lot to the KR but still w/out good flow mods the 3.4" is garaunteed to cause knock.
[snapback]83501[/snapback]​

Most ricers have hot air intakes!? :blink:

Their cars are fast! :lolsign:

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
I wouldn't install that 3.4 until you get some exhaust work done.. I had my car scanned today and I'm seeing 5 degrees of knock on a 3.8 pulley :blink: :unsure:

I'm hoping a 3inch downpipe w/ ubend delete and some autolite 104's takes care of that then I'm slapping on the 3.4 and praying for the best

edit: that's on 93 octane to.. no part throttle knock only happens when you lay into it.

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
J.E.T. scanned my car and I have 0* KR with the stock pulley, but that was with performance shift off(whoops, didn't know I was supposed to have it on). If I install the downpipe and u bend delete, do you think I would be KR free with a 3.4, or very minimal KR? I was also thinking about getting mufflers as well. I heard that the stock exhaust, except for the u bend isn't all that restrictive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info