3800 FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!!!

I

imported_snoop

well peoples, we went to the track last night. first time coming off the trans-break.(wow). but none the less, i just thought i would share my new time with you all cuz i am soooo damn proud. i still havent gotten the smile off my face. i will try to get a picture of the slip and put it up on here.

9.505 @ 140!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goddamn what a rush!!!!

take care everyone

I

imported_snoop

its just a big block pretty much. its a 532. no nitrous on that pass. we have a cheater plate hooked up to it, but havent yet used it. (manhood is still growing ;-) ). but other than that, nothing super fancy at all. i will have pics very soon i hope. i got a pic last night from the photographer at the track of me doing a little wheelie. i am loving it right now. all i wanted last night was anything in the 50's. i was hoping for a 59 and i wouldve been happy. so when i got that slip with that number, at first i thought i was the other cars time. ( i'll post the slip asap). but anyways, i could sit here and type for ever. i am still that damn excited. but i will post pics very soon and get the slip up on here soon also. thank you everyone for the congrats. one of these days, i hope some of you will come/be up there and watch me. thanks again everyone

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by Jsho13@May 11 2005, 08:15 PM
What track were you running at?
[snapback]83325[/snapback]​

we where at the grove cheif.

joel, tell me about it. i didnt not expect that. but hey, now we are gonna experiment with the valves and try to squeez a 45 or maybe even better. i can still go up another 1000 rpm's on the launch. that damn trans-break will wake your ass up.
thanks again everyone. i am gonna try to get a pic today up real soon. i dont have a video though. no video camera and i just dont know how to put vids up.

p.s. royal, thanks dude. i just changed the sig. ;)

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by RoyalGTP@May 12 2005, 09:20 AM
Honestly, how much does it cost to go that fast?
[snapback]83401[/snapback]​

truthfully dude, i honestly have no idea. he bought the motor from a guy that we know real well. so i have no idea what the motor cost. and all the extra shit, was pretty much on a budget. we have a B.O.P rear end. nothing fancy. i think that was somewhere a little over a 1000. not sure about that at all. painless wire box. you can get that online. and all the hoses and fittings and shit add up quick. but with the drive-shaft and trans and all the goods, we were very lucky cuz we have a close friend that has been doing this for about 8 years now. so he's got parts laying around and when we got this chassis(car) and started building it, he helped up out BIG TIME! wether it was for a part or for advice, he is always there. but anyways, it was/is a budget car. it is not anything to look at at all. but it does move. i am gonna go take a picture of a picture and put it up on here. sorry i cant give out a number but if i had to guess, i would say where you said. that would be my guess

I

imported_snoop

yep yep. that was the last race of the night. that damn car was loud as hell. i heard him in the car with my helmet on and all. i'm glad you saw that run. that was my first win of the year too. when i looked at the ticket, i thought my time was his, and when i realized that i had the 9.50, well i am just now getting the smile off my face. let me ask you a question, how high was i off the ground. did you see, or was i even off the ground. i mean, my father exaggerates(spell check) alot ya know. but none the less, that was the car. you like?

Jsho13

Mar 23, 2008
Milwaukee
I LOVE the car, it sounded sweet and looked great. On that run I would say you pulled the wheels off about a foot. It looked sweet. Idk if you saw me run, probably not but my car is in my sig. The best I could pull that night was a 14.5 with a 2.2 60' at 97mph. Kinda disappointing but I will be back again sometime soon do see if I cant improve that at all.

I

imported_snoop

hell yeah i saw you. i always see a GP. that car is nice to say the least. i saw you pull a smoke show up to the line, but didnt really watch the clock. i was too busy laughing at that supra with 116 octane that was only runnin 11 but thought that there car was god-like. it looked sweet as hell but i'm saying to myself, i wish joe's(graffix) brother was up here. that would definently shut them up. take care dude

Jsho13

Mar 23, 2008
Milwaukee
Haha yeah I figured it would be one of my last runs so why not. It doesnt do anything for street tires but it was fun. The left lane was hooking better than the right. Everytime in the right lane I would feather it off the line and still break them loose through first. By that time my whole run was useless. Yeah that supra looked nice but the guy really didnt know how to drive. He took so much time between shifts, probably being careful he doesnt miss one. I mainly went there to see my buddies snowmobile run. He was running the turbo yamaha vector, best time he pulled was 9.80.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info