3800 People w/Drilled/Slotted Rotors...

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
If you upgrade the size your donut will not fit, but you should not run the donut on the front tire anyway since it screws up the diff. You should always put the donut on the back and move a full size tire to the front.

I have had slotted rotors for a year now and I have had all good things so far!

John

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I used to have them in the stock sized rotor, and personally i thought i stopped better when i had a solid rotor on. The advantage to slotted and drilled is that cool very quickly allowing you to do hard brake without much if any fade. But, i think with more surface area and pads i stop much quicker with a solid rotor and a good set up pads. imo. If you really want good stopping power, upgrade to the 12" rotors, that works wonders.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
I have impala rotors all around front 12in and rear are stock. Plus i have the f-body caliper and man the stopping power is better then a single piston caliper. Raybesto pads are great too. Had them for about a year and they still look good. B) Just need to bleed the brake lines and add new fluid.

I have cross drilled and slotted rotors on my car for almost a year and they look wonderful and are working fine :). I bought them off of ebay from Trinet Motors and they have excellent customer service and you can get different coatings on them. I love them. You should give them a try and they are the stock size. Here is a link..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7974091397&rd=1

That link is for 04/05, but they have ones for 97-03 on there pretty frequently.

Morgan

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
you wont notice any difference with stock size drilled/slotted rotors.
like was said before- the only benefit they give is reduced brake fade from high temps.

youll only notice a difference if you autocross your car, or drive it like an ass on the street for long periods of time continuously

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
I have Power Slots all around and just recently I noticed a vibration under hard braking. It seems that the fronts may need to be cut. I've had them for almost two years and I tend to drive a bit aggressively so I'd have to say thats pretty normal. They still look pretty good after a spring cleaning with brake clean and a wire brush.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info