3800 Ignition Problems...

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
I know awhile back someone had posted a similar problem, but I am experiencing similar symptoms. Whenever I go to turn off my car my key always turns back to the accessory part with no problem, but it will not turn one more notch back to the off postition. This happens just every now and then but is a huge pain. Sometimes I can just jiggle it out, other times if I just try and put the car in Park it works, and lately I have had to re-start the car and move it and then it must engage in Park for it to work. It almost feels like the car does not think it is Park, so that is why the key is locked.

Has anyone else experience this problem, and what fix did you use. I know you can press that little button under the keyhole thing an whatnot, but I want the real fix. What part is faulty, and what needs to be replaced? Is it the shifting linkage? I am sick of the happening and need to get it fixed right, I spent 10 minutes the other night trying to get it out! Thanks in Advance...

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
i had that problem and i had to replace the shifter assembly. I got one off ebay for 10 bucks and they are 300 from the dealer. It is the switch that built in the assembly thats probably bad so the car thinks it is not in park. It is easy to fix like 6 bolts that hold it to the floor a wire connector and the linkange.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list