3800 SC issue all cleaned up!

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR SUGGESTIONS. MY SC IS BACK UP AND WORKING GREAT!! SPECIAL THANKS TO SyP FOR CHANGING OUT MY PLUGS TONIGHT WITH NEW AUTOLITE 104'S. I'VE ALEADY NOTICED AN INCREASE IN MILEAGE ON THE WAY HOME! NEXT TO DO THE PCM, HAHA!! :p :D :p

ilgpc12.jpg

Changing out the plugs regularly makes a HUGE difference!!
ilgpc13.jpg

Gotta wear them gloves, car sure is HOT!! This guy knows his Sh*t!!
ilgpc14.jpg

SyP tightening one of the hangars on the exhaust
ilgpc15.jpg

A view of SyP's GTP still awaiting work... soon Ryan, soon!!

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by LPSPEED2+May 9 2005, 01:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP
@May 9 2005, 08:46 AM
why is the engine hot when changing spark plugs? :blink:
[snapback]83017[/snapback]​

R U serious??? Common sense bro. Obviously if it is hot, it had to have been running soon before they did the job.
[snapback]83062[/snapback]​
[/b]

Relax...........

Not a good idea to change out plugs on a hot engine if you did not know that.

Id wait till you at least did not have to wear gloves to protect yourself from the heat of the engine....Common sense bro. :rolleyes:

If the headers are to hot then the heads are even hotter........

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
Originally posted by syP@May 9 2005, 11:06 PM
1. i did wear gloves
2. it was already late as hell
3. he has MANIFOLDS (hehe... sorry but it is true)
[snapback]83121[/snapback]​

It doesn't matter what time it is, you still want to do it on a colder engine to prevent damage. If it's too late to do it, wait till the next day. Spark plugs aren't that hard anyway, pull on a cable, unscrew a spark plug, screw a new one in, torque it, and push the cable back in. Easy process.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by NetChemica+May 9 2005, 11:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-syP
@May 9 2005, 11:06 PM
1. i did wear gloves

It doesn't matter what time it is, you still want to do it on a colder engine to prevent damage. If it's too late to do it, wait till the next day. Spark plugs aren't that hard anyway, pull on a cable, unscrew a spark plug, screw a new one in, torque it, and push the cable back in. Easy process.
[snapback]83130[/snapback]​
[/b]

It must be easy if syP can do it. :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
Originally posted by Fish+May 9 2005, 11:47 PM-->
Originally posted by NetChemica@May 9 2005, 11:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-syP
@May 9 2005, 11:06 PM
1. i did wear gloves

[snapback]83130[/snapback]​

It must be easy if syP can do it. :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:
[snapback]83131[/snapback]​
[/b]

You'd be suprised how many people can't use a torque wrench.

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
Originally posted by RoyalGTP+May 9 2005, 04:00 PM-->
Originally posted by LPSPEED2@May 9 2005, 01:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP
@May 9 2005, 08:46 AM
why is the engine hot when changing spark plugs? :blink:
[snapback]83017[/snapback]​

R U serious??? Common sense bro. Obviously if it is hot, it had to have been running soon before they did the job.
[snapback]83062[/snapback]​

Relax...........

Not a good idea to change out plugs on a hot engine if you did not know that.

Id wait till you at least did not have to wear gloves to protect yourself from the heat of the engine....Common sense bro. :rolleyes:

If the headers are to hot then the heads are even hotter........
[snapback]83080[/snapback]​
[/b]

How is this common sense??? Why is it bad to change the plugs on a hot engine??? Maybe I am ignorant to this fact, but I would like to know why... I have never heard that it is bad to change plugs on a hot engine, and have never had any problems changing my plugs on a hot engine in any type of vehicle I have ever driven.

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
i had no idea people would turn this into such a dilema! So what if the engine was hot, we did wait about 20min before doing it, but I've seen people change out plugs on hot cars before, let alone they do it at the dealerships all the time for tune-ups, so why are people here making a big deal about doing it when its not hot? LOL!! Are we really arguing about this?!! It's fixed and works great!!

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
I dont know why you guys are freaking out about changing plugs on a hot motor. I used to change my plugs right after i made passes down the track, same goes for every fast car that I have worked on at the track, we change plugs constantly, and most times it is done the second the motor is off with the engine hot as hell. You guys need to lighten up and stop freaking out about this, it really isnt as big of a deal as you think. Besides, plugs are the easiest thing you can possibly do to a car. Hell, I changed plugs on a car at IDD at 2am, after drinking all day, and still did it in 5 minutes start to finish without even the slightest problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info