3800 Noise/turn heater off

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by staceyyearsich@May 5 2005, 02:24 PM
When I turn the heat OFF, my car makes a really funny noise, like grrrsshhhhsssgggrrsshhhh, swishswish, loud like its rubbing something, then I turn the heat on and it goes away, turn the heat off and its back.. any suggestions???
[snapback]82704[/snapback]​

Sounds like the heater blower motor taking a dump on you.

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Sep 9, 2008
Originally posted by MIKES3+May 5 2005, 03:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-staceyyearsich
@May 5 2005, 03:05 PM
Is that expensive to replace??
[snapback]82708[/snapback]​
Plus I'm sure we can install it for you.
[snapback]82710[/snapback]​
[/b]

Remove the glove box and the lower dash surround. (The grey carpeted area under the glove box).

You don't really need to remove the glove box, but it allows more light in, so you can see better.

After you remove the surround, you can see the motor. It's the big black thing, with a small black hose connected to it. There are 5 or 6 bolts holding it on. On mine, the plastic wire-loom holding the wires leading to the fuseblock, was wedged onto the blower motor seal, so I had to use a dremel to cut it back a little. After I took care of that, it took about 5 minutes to get the blower motor out.

If you want more detailed instructions, I can probably dig something up from my helms manual, but it shouldn't be necessary... It's pretty simple....

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by framos242+May 5 2005, 04:08 PM-->
Originally posted by MIKES3@May 5 2005, 03:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-staceyyearsich
@May 5 2005, 03:05 PM
Is that expensive to replace??
[snapback]82708[/snapback]​
Plus I'm sure we can install it for you.
[snapback]82710[/snapback]​

Remove the glove box and the lower dash surround. (The grey carpeted area under the glove box).

You don't really need to remove the glove box, but it allows more light in, so you can see better.

After you remove the surround, you can see the motor. It's the big black thing, with a small black hose connected to it. There are 5 or 6 bolts holding it on. On mine, the plastic wire-loom holding the wires leading to the fuseblock, was wedged onto the blower motor seal, so I had to use a dremel to cut it back a little. After I took care of that, it took about 5 minutes to get the blower motor out.

If you want more detailed instructions, I can probably dig something up from my helms manual, but it shouldn't be necessary... It's pretty simple....
[snapback]82712[/snapback]​
[/b]

Nice!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info