3800 New exhaust idea

well, another idea poped in my head...take a peak...Has it been done before?

gtpnewexhaust.jpg

Tell me what you think..

Tom

It would take some time...but i can very much to it...just gotta find a bumper cover....cheap..

i'll just cut the orinal holes out...kinda put a middle peice in...mold it all together and put it in the middle...and just fill in the cut holes with some plastic

With the pastic i cut out in the middle, put that on the sides....

Hum.....

Tom

I

imported_Ron Vogel

2 problems with this.

1. having the exhaust exit there will settle things coming out of the tail pipes to settle on your tail/trunk. It'll get dirty a lot. Having the exits closer to the outside edges will carry exhaust away from the car. I did this on a car once, and the back was always dirty.

2. To fit it correctly, you would have to cut out the spare tire well.

I

imported_GraFFix

Honestly...it looks terrible but hey its not my car or time so do what you want to do...lol. then again Ive always hated exhaust that came out of the center....just my opinion though.

Although you could fill the whole rear facia in and run a side exhaust...now that might be cool lookin

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
Originally posted by LPSPEED2@May 7 2005, 10:04 AM
actually the silver with the bodykit is the guy i was talking about, hees from chicago.  Joeyboy77
[snapback]82880[/snapback]​

Yup, I had Jim do it,he has some pics at his shop also. It is TOG's to 2.5 split. the mufflers are angled on the slant of the spare tire housing. My mufflers stick out from the car about 1-2 inches, so I do not get any exhaust on the car. Ill get a pic of the underside today. I have to rerun my IC lines once I receive some stuff from Mike K. It is doable. I wanted mine more spread apart, like anoter 2-4 inces, so tere was a gap between them, but they came out alright.
There is probably anoter car like mine out there, save for my graphics. AED did make a few, The car I have happens to be the prototype. You have the skills, try it

Here is my exhaust, they are magnaflow street series or someting like that, got a real good deal at hottexhaust.com.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_image...4609_5_full.jpg
574609_5_full.jpg

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
Originally posted by LPSPEED2@May 7 2005, 12:35 PM
Joe-I see a girl driving your car around all the time, she looks good too.  Unless its a clone of your car...................copycats!!!
[snapback]82889[/snapback]​
That is just crazy. Im usually the only one who drives the car. Ill be looking for the girl... A hot girl drivin a GTP, that is the best, hell any girl driving a GTP is hot. There are 3 girls I see on my way to work everyday. I always smile at them. If there is another with yellow flames, well, that is interesting....

As for the bends... The arent that much, there are only 2 or 3 new bends, at the mufflers, and they arent too restrictive, they are about 30-45 degree..

I had some downtime installing my IC lines, I broke a hose connect in half and just about threw my new pump across the street. If little kids werent around, I would of had a shit fit.

Here are a pic of the exhaust.

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
Everything is set up the same as a regular GTP. The main difference is that they are angled. The one on the drivers side has the bigger bend, but it is not that bad. The in and outs on the exhaust are both on the same side, wheras the regular exhaust is both in out in the both in the center. That s aheing to think about the muffler will have to have diferent in/out than stock, and hould efacto in th cost. Alo, an exhaust needs restriction to pull the exhaust. Jim came up with sizes to make sure it wasnt overkill/not enough.
I just noticed, you can see my other baby in the background.... Jim did her exhaust also. Originally had flowmaster f40's, now Magnaflow. Magnaflow OWNS all. Real nice note, not too rough, mild, with low drone inside.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info