3800 powertuners ? on a regal

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
hey guys ive been looking at the dhp powertuners item for a little while now...

i dont wanna do anymore work to my car, at least adding things on.... but i have a stock pcm so im hoping tuning will help a lot...

my 2 questions are

1. can i use the dhp powertuners on a stock 98 regal pcm?

2. how much do you think i can gain with my current mods using the powertuners...mods are- 3.5pulley, 180t-stat, afc 1.0, open 9in cone, RT 3" DP in hf cat, 2.5in single GSX exhaust...

Thanks,
Kev

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Originally posted by HEAVYKEVY@May 4 2005, 03:58 PM
hey guys ive been looking at the dhp powertuners item for a little while now...

i dont wanna do anymore work to my car, at least adding things on.... but i have a stock pcm so im hoping tuning will help a lot...

my 2 questions are

1. can i use the dhp powertuners on a stock 98 regal pcm?

2. how much do you think i can gain with my current mods using the powertuners...mods are- 3.5pulley, 180t-stat, afc 1.0, open 9in cone, RT 3" DP in hf cat, 2.5in single GSX exhaust...

Thanks,
Kev
[snapback]82537[/snapback]​

1) Yes, the Powrtuner supports 98 Regals. Yes, you will be able to program your stock PCM.

2) Telling you how much you are going to gain is pretty subjective, but I can at least tell you that with some good tuning for your mods you WILL definitely gain/free up some horsepower that you are not getting with the stock PCM.

Remember also, you get a DHP v1.5 file when you purchase your Powrtuner. So it's like getting a DHP v1.0 + the ability to tune a ton of parameters in your PCM...

Can't go wrong there :)

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
base times?

Im not sure if you would see a ton with a 3.5............but if your running shitty righ now it will help a lot.

Im expecting big things when I get my powertuner in wiht my 3.0 and almost no knock running absoulutly(sp) pig rich..........hopefully drop down a pulley size or two with no KR then :)

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by HEAVYKEVY@May 4 2005, 05:06 PM
Remember also, you get a DHP v1.5 file when you purchase your Powrtuner. So it's like getting a DHP v1.0 + the ability to tune a ton of parameters in your PCM...
excellent

if i got some rockers and/or (more likely) PEMs, do you think with tuning i could drop a pulley size, or two?
[snapback]82558[/snapback]​

Absolutely...but you'd be better off getting a 3" DP made (if u don't have one) before you got the rockers/mani's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info