3800 HELP MY CHROME!!!!!!!!!

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by itlnrob@May 4 2005, 02:26 PM
My Rims on my Prix for being the Stock CHrome Rims, looks soooooooo shitty!

Is there anything I can buy that would help take off all that crap that is on it, and bring back a shine?
[snapback]82520[/snapback]​

You can try Eagle One Never Dull, and Meguires has some Chrome Polish
Good Luck

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I tried this stuff a couple of weeks ago that's real good. Got it at Street Stuff in Addison. I believe it's call Zymoil or something? Anyway, it comes in a little red tube kind of like a toothpaste container. I polished my alternator about 2-3 years ago, and never cleaned it, this stuff brought it back after about 10 min of cleaning. I also have the never dull wadding polish, and it did a better job than even it.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@May 4 2005, 04:15 PM
I tried this stuff a couple of weeks ago that's real good. Got it at Street Stuff in Addison. I believe it's call Zymoil or something? Anyway, it comes in a little red tube kind of like a toothpaste container. I polished my alternator about 2-3 years ago, and never cleaned it, this stuff brought it back after about 10 min of cleaning. I also have the never dull wadding polish, and it did a better job than even it.
[snapback]82544[/snapback]​

yeah you're alternator looks awesome....... i'm glad u posted this, cause i forgot the name of it and was going try it...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'll put a pic up tonight. I took it off, sanded off the rough cast to about 600 grit, then buffed it with a flannel wheel on a bench grinder with a red rouge stick. I didn't spend a lot of time on it. Probably took about 2 hours. I didn't do the whole thing, just the parts you can see.

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
I'd go with Mother's Chrome Polish I have been using that for many years. I use to use it on my chrome stock rims until I painted them black but I use it on my exhaust tips now. If you want them cleaned come over my place and I'll help you out this weekend. I'm detailing my car completely inside and out and probably waxing and doing a buff job so I'll be home and in the garage for like 6hrs. For those of you that are wondering why 6hrs I just take my time and do it right the first time.

Leo

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
it takes me even longer to clean the outside, vaccum and clean the inside, clay bar, wax, and polish and clean teh rims and exhaust..........Way more then 6 hours.

That doesnt even include a engine or trunk cleaning!!!!

I must be doing a way better job then you :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info