3800 TOG TIps.....

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
all righty........i took my stock mani's off last night and am gonna work on the rest of the togs tomorrow..

question or advice on the rear header.......can u get it in without removing the trans dipstick? I really don't wanna remove it if I can do it without...

I've got the motor pulled forward by a ratcheting strap and the rear header wont clear the power steering lines i believe they are by about 2 inches..........

any clues/hints by chance from the header installs pros out there?

Thanks in advance all.....

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Dole,

Welcome to the TOGS club :lolsign:

I've been trying to get my rear crossover sealed , and have been unsuccessful after two tries now..

Ydtrack on the national boards had some good advice on getting the rear to seal, as quoted below:

The best way to get everything to seal is to fully install the rear header.
Loosely install the front header
Loosely install the crossover

Get everything lined up and hand tight and tighten down both sides evenly. Leaving the front header slightly loose usually gives you a little more play to work with. You also may need to bend the dipstick tube out of the way slightly if it is in the way of the flange.

Ron also showed me some copper sealant that you can put on the donuts, that should help make the crossover seal good. This is what I'm going to use when I attempt to kill my exhaust leak in the rear crossover...

If you ordered your TOGS from ZZP they give you a pre-bent tranny dipstick tube, which helps alot (Even tho it still touches the crossover alittle).

Tell you what, if you can help me fix my TOGS leak, I will help you put on your TOGS. Getting a couple of people help out bigtime, as its definitely tougher to do it alone...

Let me know if you are interested, I might be able to get another guy to help us also...

Either way, Good luck with your install!

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Originally posted by 1quick98_gs@May 4 2005, 07:30 AM
are you geting it ready for saturday

Brett
[snapback]82443[/snapback]​

trying brett...lol aaron might swing by some night this week.....

my problem so far is not getting it to seal right...

my problem is getting the damn thing down there in place...it'll go as far as the power steering lines...im just gonna take out the trans dispstick even though i really didn't wanna....

the motor is secured forward with 2 ratcheting straps....it wont go any farther its touching the fans now....

jk thanks for the offer on help, but i live in the middle of nowhere and have night installs the rest of this week.....so won't be home much, got a night install in green bay followed by a night install in springfield...i don't think the jobs can be any further apart... <_<

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info