3800 And the fun begins...

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Yep tried the MAF sensor hoping it could be it, but no go also..

Funny thing is, the car died as I was doing a right turn, into the parking lot. Saw a couple of other posts about how someone's CPK went out on a right turn, maybe its just a coincidence...

Gonna try to start it again in a couple of hours, and if nothing then I'm gonna hafta call a tow..

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Well, I still have a leak in the rear crossover area. Ron was able to move the flanges on the rear crossover so the bolts are easier to get to now, and we were able to put everything back together so I could at least get home, lol. We ran out of time to troubleshoot anything more. I am going to try some copper sealant Ron showed me and I'm hoping third time is the charm for the leak...

Unfortunately now it looks like I have other issues. I think HAL2000 took over my PCM and is now causing one problem after another :lolsign:

zeez gtp

Addict
Nov 21, 2008
Bolingbrook
i used this quick weld stuff for my tog's. i had the collector lined up fairly well, but i noticed i was leaking from the egr a bit. i bought this quick weld stuff, it is like putty and you push it into the areas you think are leaking and it hardens like a rock. it worked really well. those tog's are a bitch

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I has the cps go out a while ago but my car did just die out. Mine would jerk for a second and the tach and traction control would shut off and it would drive fine. I shut the car off and started, every thing would work and normal till i started driving again.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Well I fixed it!! Thank goodness!!!

I popped fuse #18 under the hood, its a pretty important fuse, as it powers the injectors. :lolsign:

That would explain the constant cranking....

But now I find it funny,

Remember how I told some people at the mod day how I was doing pretty good with my ZZP IC Pump?

Well it just burned out :lolsign:, and I'm thinking thats why I also popped fuse #18.

oh well, at least I can get home now...

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Originally posted by J.E.T.@May 3 2005, 08:23 AM
Sorry to hear your trouble.  Glad you can at least make it home.

Just curious - is the ZZP pump tied to the #18 fuse?  (ZZP uses brown wire for the pump +DC power)

J.E.T.
[snapback]82246[/snapback]​

Yep! It is definitely where it's getting it's power from.

I know this because Zooomer added some fuse type system to the IC pump, and everytime I would add a 5 amp fuse to test if the pump was completely dead it would immediately pop #18. This definitely hasta change, I don't want to lose my injectors while going WOT or normal driving. That would suck!!!

Also, when did the IC pumps have a 30 day warranty only? I thought I read somewhere they were at least a year :(

oh well, I'm gonna purchase a replacement motor since I need my car back, and hopefully when that one breaks I will have more money to get a better pump..

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Originally posted by zeez gtp@May 3 2005, 03:28 PM
i hear ya, my flojet took a shit after a month. i couldn't get any money back for it. zooomer said he could try and work on a warranty with it, but i didn't want to have to keep replacing pumps.
[snapback]82323[/snapback]​

ahh, you are lucky you even got a Flojet. I have one of the rule pumps, luckily it has the pop up motor so it should take like 5 minutes to swap out. I just hope I don't get air into my system, or the two I just ordered will fry in seconds.. :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info